0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: convolution sikness

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 05-Aug-05  @  03:41 PM   -   convolution sikness

Rags

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

if you haven!t tried it yet:

1. get a free convolution plugin (voxengo boogex, sir, etc...)
2a. do not load a normal impulse response, use anz other kind of sound file instead (vocal sample, drum sounds, one-hit synthesiyed sounds, etc)

The mis-use capabilities are endless, you can use processed IR files (filtered, flangered, distorted, reversed, etc).

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 05-Aug-05  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: convolution sikness

milan

i'd say how great idea that is, if i were not ashamed of not thinking of it myself.

then again, i dont use any convolution plugs yet :/

Message 3/8                 Date: 08-Aug-05  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: convolution sikness

psylichon

Message 4/8                 Date: 08-Aug-05  @  06:27 AM   -   RE: convolution sikness

Rags

Message 5/8                 Date: 08-Aug-05  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: convolution sikness

milan

so you really think i should try it eh?  

Message 6/8                 Date: 08-Aug-05  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: convolution sikness

Rags

Naaah, don't worry, you can get along without it

Mind you, If I had to make a list of all the "must have freebies in 2005", these two would be around the top of the paper... the only problem with conv. plugins that they eat a a healthy amount of CPU cycles.

Message 7/8                 Date: 08-Aug-05  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: convolution sikness

k

Link?:  Link

sounds like a good idea

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/8                 Date: 23-Sep-05  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: convolution sikness

milan

aah yeah... i so forgot about this. making cool textures left and right with SIR using anything from vocs to drumloops. its really cool how it allows you to "play" a loaded sample according to the input material. sorty like a vocoder, but much cooler.

cheerio!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum