0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Studiomaster_Studiofex

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 11-Jun-05  @  12:16 PM   -   Studiomaster_Studiofex      [Link: Studiomaster - Studiofex]

dancetech

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just got one of these second hand. I's got 4 stereo gates a stereo compressor 2 fader-panners a modulation source and the stereo output module.

I'm primarily wondering what the key input in the back of each module does? Does it overide the modulation source? and is it routable? ie if I plug a key into the back of one of the gates can I get other gates to listen to that too? by pressing the key|norm button? Or do I have to plug a seperate key signal into each?

I'm also wondering about the internal signal routing your article seems to suggest that there is some. So how does it work? If I plug a signal into one module does it then go to all the others? in turn? (obviously the in|out button affects this) Does the signal go left? or right? or do I have to patch it all together on the back.

This looks like a great peice of kit but without a manual, or the requisite imperial arseload of jack to jack leads, it's somewhat baffling me.

Any advice or help appreciated. I'm hoping to use it as part of my electronic music making set-up So far I have an ST an Esi-32 sampler, a Redsound sythn, a Waldorf pulse sythn, a novation drumstation, a yamaha 1u fx box, an aphex 104 Big bottom exciter and a Grunge (distortion) guitar pedal, if anyone's got an advice on how to wire it all together I'd be much appreciatative. To achieve that I've got a Spirit mixer with 6 mono ins and 2 stereo ins which has 2 aux channels and one mix insert. I've also got a mackie which has 4 mono ins 4 stereo ins, 2 mono aux send and 2 stereo aux returns. I'm sure I'll work something out, but I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with 4 stereo gates.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice.

M - off to hunt down a manual.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 26-Jun-05  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: Studiomaster_Studiofex

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

well the compressor will be useful for various things from compressing bass & drums to making loops pump etc.... The gates in your situation arent too useful in their traditional role (dropping BG noise in audio recording), BUT they will be very useful for doing gate-fx on synth parts or other material which can sound great!...

Check the FX-RACK section here or ARTICLES section here (see top site menu icons) - there's a gates article listed in both sections which explains gateing-fx for synths. You need a patchbay to patch fx in series (one out goes in to another) and to acxtualy patxch the FX IN to mixer channels anyways, but you could wire the out's to the in's on the back of the studiofx rack couldnt you?... but that's not so convenient cos you have to either make such connections permenent or go round to the back of the studiofx rack everytime you want to patch something.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum