0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: 3d aural spacing

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 15-Feb-05  @  05:28 AM   -   3d aural spacing

urbicide

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

anyone know how to do 3d audio spacing? example: having an instrument sound like its in the back of your head? I've heard the results and its quite cool for a headphone listen... I know Roland has a RSS 3d Simulator or sumtin. I'm looking for a workaround that doesnt require me to buy something. any thoughts?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 15-Feb-05  @  06:51 AM   -   RE: 3d aural spacing

lucidskies

Link?: Link

Not sure what DAW you're using, but Logic has a stereo spread (Spreads
different frequencies to different stereo locations) plugin that if you automate it
right, you can get 3d movement.
Other than that, experiement with intense phasers/phase shifters/inverters.
I think i might have remembered seeing something of that nature in Soundhack
too..but not positive.
hmmm, I might look more into this and get back to you--got me wondering what
that plugin was...
-mike

Message 3/4                 Date: 27-Feb-05  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: 3d aural spacing

welder

Ultrafunk's sonitus pack used to contain a "surround" plugin that could do similar stuff, but I don't know if its still available at all. They don't list it on their webpage anymore, and I I heard that they've sold it to cakewalk, but I couldn't find it on cakewalk's page either...

Message 4/4                 Date: 27-Feb-05  @  07:18 PM     Edit: 27-Feb-05  |  07:20 PM   -   RE: 3d aural spacing

psylichon

Never tried this , but it looks like it would work for you. Cheap, and demo available at the link.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum