0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova turning itself off and on??

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 17-Jan-05  @  03:57 PM   -   Nova turning itself off and on??

insomniyack

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Having a bit of a problem with my Nova. Just bought one used from somebody and now when I use it sometimes it just turns itself off and then back on again. If I wiggle the power connection on the device it doesn't turn off but when it goes into the "turn off, turn on, turn off, turn on" mode if I wiggle the power cord right near the unit it will stop. I don't know if it's a faulty power cord or faulty power connection on the Nova. Just wondering how much would a new power cord be and where would I order one from? Also if it's not the power cord...how much to get the Nova fixed?? I just spent all my money buying the Nova so now I'm broke and I just want to use this synth!! I have used it some and it's very impressive (it's also got version 4.1) and I just wish it'd stop turning itself on and off...during recording my song this would be critical!! Anybody have any suggestions?? HELP!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 17-Jan-05  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: Nova turning itself off and on??

psylichon

Link?: Link

it's the power connector... I get this on mine too. You're right, it seems solid if you wiggle it yourself, but the wiggle is always what fixes it when it goes weird.

I find mine gets worse the warmer it is, so i try to turn it off when not in use.

You could try simply taping up the powercord so it's more stable in the socket, i've done this with success.

Not sure if a new PS will do you, as it might be the socket on the nova [shrug]

Nick?

Message 3/3                 Date: 18-Jan-05  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: Nova turning itself off and on??

nickb

Link?: Link

Hi All,

The most likely cause is that the connection to the 5 pin plug on the power supply is damaged. I'd suggestion replacing the power supply as a first port of call as this will be cheaper than sending the Nova off for repair.

Replacement power supplies can be ordered from all of Novations' international distributors. A list of the Novation international distributors can be found at http://www.novationmusic.com/nov_route/docs/distrib_dealer/world_distrib/_index.html

If changing the power supply doesn't help, then the Nova will have to be sent for a service. Again, the international distributors can all suggest where to send Novation units to for service.

Best regards,

Nick.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum