0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: editing problem in cubase sx

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 09-Jan-05  @  11:56 PM     Edit: 09-Jan-05  |  11:58 PM   -   editing problem in cubase sx

brp

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

have started having a problem with cubase sx. When i am in edit page and try to move, cut, etc on any note, the whole thing freezes and i have to restart the computer. It's a legit copy of cubase sx and i did not have this problem for a long while. I do use a lot of pluggins and vst's which would put strain on the computer, but this happens with just 1 note recored! should it just freeze the whole computer if it was the processing power anyway. Am using dell 4550 pc.pentium4 2.66Ghz, 512mb ram. Should be enough surely.
Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem or knows of any bugs etc. All advice welcome. cheers.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 16-Jan-05  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: editing problem in cubase sx

mcc>

Link?: Link

you might be pushing your ram allotment?

with 512 total on your pc...you might be squeezing things.

Message 3/6                 Date: 16-Jan-05  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: editing problem in cubase sx

k

Link?:  Link

ever looked at the error report after a crash?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/6                 Date: 16-Jan-05  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: editing problem in cubase sx

k

un;less he's got some sort of loop? - if the 'sound note' feature thingy is on then when he grabs the note he's 'playing' it for as long as he grabs it right?

(I use logic, but....)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6                 Date: 16-Jan-05  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: editing problem in cubase sx

k

if the midi ports are all switched off/removed in your SX preferences does it still do it?

Message 6/6                 Date: 16-Jan-05  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: editing problem in cubase sx

k

also is there any songs it DOESNT do it on? - is it one particular plugin fer example?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum