0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: CubaseSX taking to much power

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 23-Dec-04  @  10:00 AM   -   CubaseSX taking to much power

jonrice

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I read that other post about this but it seems he\she did not resolve it.

My meters are way up with only 2 soft snths and 2 audio tracks and couple of plugs.The meters are up even when nothing is playing on about 30% it will loop twice then drop out and stool.

I've just started useing Cubase again so I'm not really sure where to start first.

SB live.(need some new driver maybe.?
Ram 256 (should been enough for small mix
cpu 1.4.

got no crap running in XP that I dont use its fairly well tweedt.

any idea's where to start

Orion pro works fine

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 23-Dec-04  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: CubaseSX taking to much power

welder

Link?: Link

Yeah, www.kxproject.com try those drivers, it's a "must have" if you use sblive.

Message 3/6                 Date: 29-Dec-04  @  09:34 AM   -   RE: CubaseSX taking to much power

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Your CPU is fine, though you could do with more ram for sure and as its cheap that'd be a good upgrade path to take (512Mb would be good, 1GB better)

Don't forget that XP is also quite a "heavy" o/s so the ram will aid in that regard too..

Welder's right, you're going to need some kind of decent ASIO driver for your soundcard. The soundblaster won't really cut it (which is why you're experiencing load problems etc.), KX is cool as is ASIO4ALL.. google either of these and I think you'll be on the right path.

Make sure your Cubase SX is also patched upto the latest for whatever version you're running..

Cubase SX 1... 1.0.6xxx
Cubase SX 2... 2.2.0.xxx

I've not upgraded to SX3 yet, but I'm sure a quick trip to Steinberg's webpage will see you right

Marc_D

Message 4/6                 Date: 29-Dec-04  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: CubaseSX taking to much power

k

Link?:  Link

but you didnt say WHICH couple of softsynths & plugins - depending what they are it could bum out a 1.4 amd with that much ram, drivers will help tho as suggested, but anyways out of curiosity, which ones are they?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6                 Date: 30-Dec-04  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: CubaseSX taking to much power

jonrice

Link?:  No link

B4 tone wheel and Vb-1,T.C verb and couple delays.?I will install them drivers and see where to go from there I would'nt mind hanging on to the Sb live as it has the digital out.

cheers

Message 6/6                 Date: 30-Dec-04  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: CubaseSX taking to much power

k

Link?:  Link

That's not much, although the Tc is slightly cpu hungry, but not that much.

btw, most cheap cards (what they call semi-pro) like audiophile, hoontech etc mostly have s/pdif included.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum