0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Sustain Pedal function switch

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 10-Dec-04  @  09:32 AM   -   Sustain Pedal function switch

dlgvozd

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hi,

I have a Nova KS4. Can anyone advise me how to switch the sustain function of my sustain pedal? It's a standard Roland hold pedal, and my problem is that when I plug it in the sustain pedal input, everything I play gets sustained without me pressing the pedal, and the sustain effect stops just when I step on it. I want it to be vice versa - to get a sustain effect only while I'm holding the pedal down. I just didn't find any hint in teh User's Guide. On my old Roland it was enough to hold the pedal while restarting the synth.

Thanks,
vozd

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 10-Dec-04  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: Sustain Pedal function switch

k

Link?:  Link

open up the jack plug on the end of the pedal lead and wire it back to front - that should do it..

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8                 Date: 11-Dec-04  @  08:46 AM   -   RE: Sustain Pedal function switch

dlgvozd

thanks, I'll try this.

Message 4/8                 Date: 11-Dec-04  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: Sustain Pedal function switch

k

btw - you could make a small extention lead for your pedal, a short 6" piece of flex with a FEMALE 1/4" socket on one end and a normal MALE 1/4" jack plug on the other - then wire this back to front at one end & leave the actual Roland pedal lead "as-is"

that way you could use the little extention lead for your pedal when using the Novation or any other synth with the opposite polarity of Roland, and use it normal without the extention when you use your Roland synth

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/8                 Date: 14-Dec-04  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: Sustain Pedal function switch

nickb

Hi,

it's easier than that. We released a new operating system for the KS a few months back. One of the improvements is an option in the global menu to cater for sustain pedal polarity.

If you update the KS to OS 2102 you will be able to use the sustain pedal you have without reaching for a soldering iron.

Best regards,

Nick.

Message 6/8                 Date: 14-Dec-04  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: Sustain Pedal function switch

k

cool, like on the BCF & BCR mixers... nice touch.

Message 7/8                 Date: 14-Dec-04  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: Sustain Pedal function switch

k

in fact - that is a product area i think Novation could consider entering into - control mixer land, mebbe with a nice 2 analog channels of Focusrite pre-amps with an eq section & send/return, insert etc so you can also use it for bringing a couple of mic's into your workstation and kill two birds with one stone

Message 8/8                 Date: 03-Jan-05  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: Sustain Pedal function switch

dlgvozd

Nick, thanks, mate 

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum