0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Sequencer in Yamaha S08

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 08-Dec-04  @  09:52 AM   -   Sequencer in Yamaha S08

rajkumar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi everybody
i bought a Yamaha S08 recently for use in live gigs.Since i have a Cubase SX2 based sequencing platform i wanted to try out the new S08 with Cubase.When i went to the Multi page in S08,i could choose S08 tones only in the first track(Tr1),whereas the other tracks show only XG tones and not the PERF tones as in the first track!Is the sequencer designed in such a way that i could use only XG tones for Tr2-Tr16,or are there any other procedure that i missed out?Please throw some light on this issue as i thought i can use S08 tones on all the trx(1-16)
P.S:I already own a Triton and X5D and use it with Cubase SX2 for Studio purposes.

thanx
Raj

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 08-Dec-04  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: Sequencer in Yamaha S08

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

i dunno that synth, the manual doesnt mention this inability to choose special voices for channels

however, yamaha HAVE in the past released synths which did have these sort of issues like the CS1X - the S01 can have 4 'elements' per 'Voice' (coincidently, just like the CS1X)

anwyas, the manual doesnt really say about this, sorry, you'll have to ask yamaha if this is a limitation unless someone knows on the www.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum