0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: How to record the FX onto comp

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 28-Nov-04  @  03:53 PM   -   How to record the FX onto comp      [Link: Behringer - MX802A EURORACK]

dan6puk

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, please help if you can, I am trying to record some effects on my guitar, I can hear them fine when i play, but when recorded and played back there is no effects on the recording, the waveform looks like it has recorded the effects, but it ain't, I suspect a cabling issue.
Thanks in advance, a complete begginer.
Dan

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 28-Nov-04  @  03:54 PM   -   How to record the FX onto comp      [Link: Behringer - MX802A EURORACK]

dan6puk

Hi, please help if you can, I am trying to record some effects on my guitar, I can hear them fine when i play, but when recorded and played back there is no effects on the recording, the waveform looks like it has recorded the effects, but it ain't, I suspect a cabling issue.
Thanks in advance, a complete begginer.
Dan

Message 3/9                 Date: 28-Nov-04  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: How to record the FX onto comp

k

Link?:  Link

we're going to need to know more about your system, not just the mixer.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/9                 Date: 29-Nov-04  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: How to record the FX onto comp

dan6puk

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Hi again and thanks for replying so fast! Silly of me not to post info on my system, but......well....er!

I am using the Behringer ub1204fx-pro with a Delta 66 soundcard and a AMD 1.6Ghz comp, 512ddr ram. Hope that is all the info that you require. I have attached a photo of the mixer in question.
Thanks again, hope you can help
Dan

Message 5/9                 Date: 29-Nov-04  @  06:09 PM   -   RE: How to record the FX onto comp

k

hang on - does that mixer have built in fx? - and what sequencer are you recording into?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/9                 Date: 09-Apr-05  @  03:28 AM   -   RE: How to record the FX onto comp

Steve Call

Link?: Link

Hi guys if your mixer dose not have fx i dont think your gonna get much.
There is a prog called cool edit its very simple to use & the fx are good.
I use this prog to edit samples.fx or keys .Its a simple prog.

syntrillium software corporation is the prog maker sorry dont have the web site but you could give that a try.

Message 7/9                 Date: 09-Apr-05  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: How to record the FX onto comp

k

if you look in the FILES section here - we have uploaded the very old demo version of COOL EDIT - this old demo allows the user to perform TWO functions when it is opened.... when you open the proggy it offers a list of functions - choose SAVE as one option, and then if say you wan tto do time-stretch, choose that as second option

you can now open a wave, timestretch it and save

it's free, but legal  

do a name search for 'cool edit' to find it in the FILES section

Message 8/9                 Date: 11-Apr-05  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: How to record the FX onto comp

Influx

again...are you trying to record effects from the mixer? ie running your guitar into the mixer, using the internal effects, and then recording out?

which outputs of the mixer are you using to record into the delta?

Im sure there's probably some sort of patching necessary internally in the mixer that allows the effected signal to pass to the main outs (which is what you should be recording from)

?

Message 9/9                 Date: 11-Apr-05  @  01:19 AM     Edit: 11-Apr-05  |  01:20 AM   -   RE: How to record the FX onto comp

Influx

File?:  [image]

[image file]

so...looking at the mixer...the part I circled...the switch should be UP Im guessing...which would send the FX to the MAIN outputs, which is, again, what you should be recording from.

which outputs do you have connected to the inputs of your Delta?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum