0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic backup question...

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16                 Date: 18-May-04  @  02:54 AM   -   Logic backup question...

JJ Freqy

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I want to make a back up of my Logic files on a DVD. I have a mac g5
running logic pro with OS X. When I backup my Logic files I just burn a copy of my Logic
folder.

If anything ever happens and I have to use this back up will all my
plug-ins (absynth 2, kontact, etc) work just the same as they do now or do I have to
back up other folders besides my logic folder?

Thanks!

JJ

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/16                 Date: 18-May-04  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

k

Link?:  No link

if the machine died of course you'd have to have exactly the same plugins installed after any rebuild, and therefore you should also save any special Plugin edits in the song folder too so they are saved with the dvd backup

Message 3/16                 Date: 18-May-04  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

beds

and the sample instruments folder, and all the samples. hasn't logic 6 got a new "backup this song" setting?

Message 4/16                 Date: 18-May-04  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

jj freqy

Thanks for the info. I"m not sure about the Logic's back up this song feature. I'm still
trying to catch up with all the updated features they gave us in Logic 6. I'll check though.

JJ

Message 5/16                 Date: 18-May-04  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

milan

Link?: Link

it has one and its supposed to be pretty thorough, so give it a shot

Message 6/16                 Date: 18-May-04  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

Tug

Don't Logic 5 for PC have any feature like this, a total thorough song backup?

Message 7/16                 Date: 18-May-04  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

milan

nope

Message 8/16                 Date: 18-May-04  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

k

neither does any other I can think of - (saving 3rd party plugin presets created for the song)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/16                 Date: 19-May-04  @  06:29 AM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

psylichon

Pro-Tools does. At least, if you save a preset, you can have it get saved inside the project folder. Smart and easy option, I always thought.

Message 10/16                 Date: 19-May-04  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

k

anyways, it's just a matter of being organised - a pre-requisite of studio work. Noobs need to seriously get into the habit to save EVERYTHING for a song in it's own folder.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 11/16                 Date: 19-May-04  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

beds

aye, but wouldn't it be great if the fuggin computer did that for you so you could concentrate on being creative? i thought that's what they were for ...

;)

Message 12/16                 Date: 19-May-04  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

k

lol - ye-s... but mine STILL won't make a bloody expresso !

Message 13/16                 Date: 20-May-04  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

beds

well ... ^ innit hehehe

Message 14/16                 Date: 20-May-04  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

milan

lol

Message 15/16                 Date: 29-May-04  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

BOO

"Save as project" from the file menu. Check off the boxes that say copy audio
and smapler instruments.

Easy.

Message 16/16                 Date: 07-Jul-04  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: Logic backup question...

Malk

Boo is right "save as project" saves everything where ever you want it, also you can consolidate a song that has samples all over your hard drive allplug in presets used ect, it will move everything into one folder and if you want to it can delete things from whence they came, da daa.nice neat computer, makes exs 24 load quicker if your lazy and have samples in yer photoshop pics folder and so on, go on be brave move the lot with save as project.

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum