0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Lost instruments.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 05-May-04  @  06:31 PM   -   Lost instruments.

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've finally got to grips with Logic and set it up properley. I have started the assignment and it seems as if the the instruments that I need are not there: exs24, es1, evp88. I can find these in my computer, logic etc. in the plug in settings folder. Do I have to set these up or do they not actually come as standard with Logic? If so is there anywhere I can purchase these audio instruments please? Thanks as alwasy Lloyd.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 06-May-04  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: Lost instruments.

k

NI are doing deals right now on their instruments as a package - various packages available. Some instruments are included with different versions of Logic, but only the crack of Platignum has ALL the main instruments inc' mate.

I dunno if you want them all tho... do you?... there are many great options elsewhere.

Like say the ES2 synth - it's good yes, but I think the Albino for example synth is more accesible and instant... better library imo

the ESM bass synth again is good, but there is many freeware's that'll do the job...

where emagic DO excell imo is with their electric piano's, but there are others around.

I'd fully investigate the available freeware first man... MAXIM (MDA) for example do about 7 freeware synths, all excellent, there is so many others.... checkout the PLUGINS section here for stuff like that SUPER WAVE P8 (plugins section frontpage)

that's a superb synth.... we dont have a huge plugin listing, but 80% of the ones we add are freeware, mostly freeware is listed so eheck it out man

as for FX, I can't see why one cant work entirely with freeware cos there is SO much great freeware FX-wise, inc' great stuff like midi gates etc. the only pay-ware I like apart from Logic FX is the Waves stuff, mostly for the compressors frankly... I use pretty much all Logic FX they are so good.

Message 3/10                 Date: 06-May-04  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: Lost instruments.

k

btw - forgot to add.... you can get any Logic instrument from Emagic if you go that way.

Message 4/10                 Date: 06-May-04  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: Lost instruments.

Malk

If you got logic pro they are all there, if you have a version less than pro then they wont be unless you got logic express, other than that you need to buy them or upgrade to logic pro and get the lot for a snip, well worth the upgrade.

Message 5/10                 Date: 07-May-04  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: Lost instruments.

Lloyd Duddley

Cool, thanks  

Message 6/10                 Date: 07-May-04  @  12:38 PM   -   RE: Lost instruments.

k

Link?:  Link

i'd seriously look at Native-Instruments deals right now tho - they are doing crazy bundle deals on ALL their instruments in once package.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/10                 Date: 08-May-04  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: Lost instruments.

K

btw - what sort of music do you make Lloyd ??

Message 8/10                 Date: 09-May-04  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: Lost instruments.

Lloyd Duddley

To be honest I make a very wide range of music. If I'm using Cubase/Logic alone then I like to record my own stuff in on the acoustic guitar, drum kit, vocals etc. However on Reason I like to make remixes using samples of basslines and beats. Actually I've recently been extracting parts from dvd's E.G Cheesy famous quotes from films, and adding beats/tunes to them etc. If using Reaktor then I like to make dance, house, techno etc. U know anything that suits a nice fat bassline. So a wide range really (although I am definately still an amateur - as may seem obvious lol). How about you guys???

Message 9/10                 Date: 10-May-04  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: Lost instruments.

k

Link?:  Link

pretty much the same - dance/groove stuff, acoustic songs, rock, & film music

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/10                 Date: 10-May-04  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: Lost instruments.

Lloyd Duddley

Cool man. I'd really like to hear some. How long you been doing all this? Do you find that when you load samples into Logic or Cubase they sometimes seem speeded up and higher in pitch too? I can't work it out.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum