0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Vst differences

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 29-Apr-04  @  10:57 PM   -   Vst differences

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok I have a dumb question. (Come on dumb people have the right to ask these sorts of questions). What's the difference between say Cubase 5.1, and vst r4/32? They both seem the same to me? Infact all vst's seem to.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 29-Apr-04  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: Vst differences

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

And also, is there a way to export a song containing audio and midi as a .wav or mp3 file as the midi sounds were not coming out? The only thing that makes sense is to record the song back into cubase via the soundcard and this seems quite a weird way to do it if it is actually possible??? U reckon its worth upgrading to SX yet?

Message 3/4                 Date: 30-Apr-04  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: Vst differences

k

Link?:  Link

you export the audio to get the audio mix - BUt that only contains audio which appears on the VST mixer - so no outboard equipment will be redorded unless:

1. you record it as audio on an audio track first and mix it

2. you route the outboard gear IN to the VST mixer via a soundcard IN

yes SX is definately worth getting

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4                 Date: 30-Apr-04  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Vst differences

influx

Link?:  Link

the r4 is just the latest VST version I believe

and yes, SX is worth getting.

when you get it, RTFM, ok?

midi is not audio, therefore it is physically impossible for it to be included in an audio mixdown (unless that midi drives a VSTI...where the audio is still coming from the PC)

to include external gear you either need to track it to your PC, OR, just run the outputs of your S-Card through a mixer that is also summing your outboard midi gear, then take the main outs of that mixer and record to...wherever you want. back into the PC? sure.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum