0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: epox users... ram question

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 21-Apr-04  @  12:54 PM     Edit: 21-Apr-04  |  02:03 PM   -   epox users... ram question

milan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ok... got a following problem:

on my 8KHA+ i have one 256mb 266mhz PC2700 ram module. i just got two sticks of 256/333/PC2700 from a friend, but no matter how many of them i put in and in which order, it always shows i have 256mb ram.

what am i doing wrong? any ideas?

regards, m

edit:

umm ok... after playing around a bit i got following:

my old ram and this new ram dont work together (pc wont boot).

pc will boot with one stick of ram, no matter which one

pc will say 256mb ram if i put both new stick in.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 21-Apr-04  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: epox users... ram question

milan

oh well... whatever. i'm giving them back.

Message 3/5                 Date: 22-Apr-04  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: epox users... ram question

dARKSTATe

Like I said during our chat mate, it sounds like one of your ram slots be fuked!

Message 4/5                 Date: 07-May-04  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: epox users... ram question

Influx

that, or you need a bios update? did you do that?

ALSO...go into bios and do the "set optimum defaults" or whatever it is

you MIGHT have to mess with the ram timing settings and all, too. I had a girl from Mushkin on the phone with me for 45 minutes once, going through and adjusting the CAS latency and all that?

personally...Id say yeah..maybe one slot is fcked? but also...trying to mix two speeds of RAM might not work...

I actually had the same issue, bro. 2X512 but only one 512 would show.

happened in a buddies box with a different Epox mobod, too, and if I remember correctly "set optimum defaults" or whatever it is sorted it out

try it

Message 5/5                 Date: 07-May-04  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: epox users... ram question

milan

well thanks but i gave them back. i'll have to build a new machine one day anyway.... and with measly 256mb ram i was able to run 64 track mix anyway so its not too bad as it is... cheers.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum