0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: that house hat fx?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 11-Aug-03  @  12:39 PM   -   that house hat fx?

hoody

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

what is that effect that I keep hearing on hi hats in house tunes? Usually mostly on the open hat. I've tried using a flange and a chorus but I am not really getting close. What am I doing wrong?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 11-Aug-03  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: that house hat fx?

dubmunkey

i think the guys from phats n small ~(uggh) said they often use a hpf-flange on their hats for that french sound- i think they said they used some plug-in but boss also have a hi=pass flanger in pedal form..

greg

Message 3/6                 Date: 11-Aug-03  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: that house hat fx?

beds

Link?:  Link

yeah it's definately flange, need to play with the settings a bit more i guess. maybe a little eq to bring out the sllwishi sound. (say it in welsh innit)

Message 4/6                 Date: 12-Aug-03  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: that house hat fx?

panama

yep. flange it is. you outta just try and get the
hat to work first nstead of emulating that
sound.

u might wanna experiment with overdriving the
input/output. maybe throw some effect on it
before it goes into the mixer and then maybe
aux it out to another effect. layered stuff.

layering the sound with similar sounds could
also thicken and give you a better feel.

the more I think about it, a chorus could do it
too. you'll prolly wanna play the chorus like a
flange setup.

Message 5/6                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  12:00 PM   -   RE: that house hat fx?

dubmunkey

apparntly they use meta-flange by waves, which can be set to act on the super high freqs- the guys are right use this or flange/eq/high pass...

greg

Message 6/6                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: that house hat fx?

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

I know what you mean- I don't really do the full on housey type hats but i've started doing something similar. There's an excellent ensemble plugin with logic that I use- make it insanely flangy then move the "mix" all the way down to like 3 or something really low- just for that extra warmth. Then I take an overdrive like panama says and have it fucking unbearably overdriven, then just take the output and slam it way down- so now its a crunchy/warmy sound. I like it.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum