0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: sluggish response to knob movements

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 28-Jul-03  @  07:31 PM   -   sluggish response to knob movements

marianimal

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I turn the knobs to change parameters, and the values take FOREVER to change. Started happening, hm, maybe a year after I bought my rack uq almost new. My pal tells me it's cos the optical sensors that relay knobby messages start to sort of fray or something. So you have to push or pull the knob in just the right direction to find the fibers that are still working, something like that. Pain in the ass! Eventually it happens to all optical knobs, so I'm told, but happens sooner on synths that have more functions controlled by fewer knobs, like the uq. Anyone know of anything else that can be done besides torquing the knobs, which I can't imagine is very good for them?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 01-Aug-03  @  08:56 PM   -   RE: sluggish response to knob movements

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

I can't help you there but I was wondering if you've got it fixed yet...just started using mine again

Message 3/4                 Date: 01-Aug-03  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: sluggish response to knob movements

Stefan

Link?: Link

My mQ shows this behaviour if control send is switched on and midi through in the sequencer is active. Kind of midi loop...
Happens the same on yours if it is not connected to the sequencer ?

Message 4/4                 Date: 02-Aug-03  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: sluggish response to knob movements

marianimal

Link?:  No link

Hm, as I recall it does work better when no sequences are running (can't check it now cos it's at the practice space & I'm not). Maybe it is a MIDI echo issue.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum