0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Appreciation

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 21-Jul-03  @  02:48 AM   -   Appreciation

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

The humming saga finally ended. So as you have most likely read in my previous posts, my uQ was humming out of all outputs which meant only 2 things: Internal problem or fucked powersupply. I put a capacitor on the powersupply and still nothing. So I was pissed and got two 6v batteries and plugged the bitch in them to get a steady current. No hum at all- so it was the powersupply. I went to radioshack-very discouraged as I was sure I wasn't going to find an audio-spec filtered powersupply but jebus was watching over me today- got one.

Also you have probably read my bashing of the uQ. I said it sounded like shite and the noise levels were unbearable. Well after getting the new powersupply, it was just like getting a new synth. The thing is a fucking god. I can't describe how perfectly it co-ops with my Nova. My appreciation for Waldorf just peaked. I pity those who don't own a Micro Q- especially how they're now new for $399....actually more like shame on those who don't own one.

(And I'm using the "shitty" internal effects)

Waldorf, you rule.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 24-Jul-03  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: Appreciation

errata

Link?: Link

The uQ is an awesome companion to the nova... where the nova is smoove the Waldorf just cuts! I love the combo and have been working with both for 2 years (until my partner sold his Nova...)

It's an awesome combo... glad you straightened out your problems and are able to get into this synth. It's DEEP!!!

e

Message 3/4                 Date: 25-Jul-03  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: Appreciation

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

Yep yep! Now, you just about ready for those CDs???  Been fiddling with my new JP for a while...prolly count on em next week

Message 4/4                 Date: 27-Jul-03  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: Appreciation

Defector z

Link?:  No link

Congrats man - it's always good to have your gear working up to spec.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum