0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/19                 Date: 04-Jul-03  @  08:46 PM   -   Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have had about 3 months off from writing music, so when I finally came back to my studio, I felt it would be a good idea to clean everything out and start afresh. So I backed up my Virus C (OS6) patches and (attempted) to reinstall the original 1024 patches using the original Sound Diver library from the Access website. During this procedure, Sound Diver (v6) threw an error giving me an alert box stating "For 42 of the 433 patches, a suitable device could not be found!". Once the update was complete, all of the patches, except A1, were replaced with the Init patch. A1, is now a single patch that was previously stored around A122 And even more bizarrely, the name of A1, is also now the same name of the first 11 multi patches.

I have tried several Sound Diver libraries, I have tried using the 1024 sysex MIDI file included with the OS updates, I have even re-installed the OS twice now. But, for some reason, even though the Virus seems to complete the store procedure with no errors, the patches just do not store.

WHAT IS HAPPENING!?!

Steve.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/19                 Date: 06-Jul-03  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

mcc>

have you contacted access yet to see if they've got a clue?
damn....let us know what happens.
maybe i'll just stick to tweaking the sounds onboard my new/used virus a.
sounds scary to lose all one's sounds....indeed!
the lead sound on "this afternoon" is the virus a....btw.
my first virus track.

good luck getting it sorted out.

Message 3/19                 Date: 06-Jul-03  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

Maarten

Link?: Link

Isn't it possible to restore the factory presets manually on the virus itself, wihout using Sound Diver? dunno.. sucks though- yeah contact access.

good luck man

Message 4/19                 Date: 06-Jul-03  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

Influx

yes, it is. I cant remember how to do it but its in the manual.

are you sure youre using the right version, steve? I mean...designed for whatever virus you have? for some sounds it makes a difference. maybe the OS is bad?

are you under warranty?

Message 5/19                 Date: 06-Jul-03  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

Steve Roughley

Cheers for the replies. I have had a look through the manual about restoring the patches internally, but the only mention of restoring the factory sounds, that I can find, is to use the SysEx update. I've sent off an email to Access about this, and I am under warranty so I'll see what happens.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 6/19                 Date: 07-Jul-03  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

mcc>

i'm new to the virus circle but it seems access has a bunch of downloads which might even include the original presets. and it seems to me that some of the user sets might even be better. just download those and start from there. that should be enough to get you going scorp!!!! let it go man> and just start carving and digging into your own sculpted sounds!!!!  

Message 7/19                 Date: 07-Jul-03  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

R.A.T.

How about trying to put OS5.5 back on ? Checking it works and then upgrading to 6.

Bit of a long shot.......... but it just might work. (Or not as the case may be).

Good luck Steve, I'd shit bricks if it happened to my Virus  

Message 8/19                 Date: 07-Jul-03  @  05:32 PM     Edit: 07-Jul-03  |  05:33 PM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

Steve Roughley

OK, its fixed now. Just to see what would happen, I went through and overwrote the one remaining single patch, with the init patch, then did the same for the remaining multis and tried the SysEx dump procedure againg AND IT WORKED! I think there must have been a corrupt patch that was causing problems or something.

What a relief!

Cheers for the help people.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 9/19                 Date: 07-Jul-03  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

Influx

glad you got it!

Message 10/19                 Date: 09-Jul-03  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

R.A.T.

Shit yeh. Bummer to have that workhorse off-line.

Well done. Nothing like a good problem solved.

Message 11/19                 Date: 10-Jul-03  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

mcc>

i'm still gon be fraid when i try uppin new sounds and stuff.

Message 12/19                 Date: 10-Jul-03  @  02:18 AM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

Influx

clay..Ive gone back and forth scores of times with sysex in the virus and never had a SINGLE problem with it! dont sweat it

Message 13/19                 Date: 10-Jul-03  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

mcc>

influx...do you use sound diver as well?
does this help do what sysex dumps do or is that a separate matter?

what'e everyone's thoughts on this?

it's only like 25 bucks.

Message 14/19                 Date: 10-Jul-03  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

digital rust

get it! it's a dope program for arranging your sounds,
building new ones and updating with ones you download.

Message 15/19                 Date: 11-Jul-03  @  03:34 AM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

man called clay

it's the next thing i get. hopefully even this week!

okay..next question.....is switching banks so easy that this is what you guys do? or do you just input individual patches from other banks into a bank which you call your very favorite?

just curious how you guys work this critter.

Message 16/19                 Date: 11-Jul-03  @  06:48 AM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

digital rust

Link?:  Link

are you talking about from sound diver?

bank A on my virus is where i keep all my favorites that i make. i use sound diver to send patches to B. tweak them there and eventually save them in A once i like them. i never send over a whole bank of sounds. you can demo sounds in SD and then pick which ones you like.

Message 17/19                 Date: 11-Jul-03  @  07:05 AM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

mcc>

so you're talking about demoing sounds from downloads in sound diver?
this sounds cool>

this sort of information is gold to me.
thanks D~R>!

Message 18/19                 Date: 11-Jul-03  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

R.A.T.

Does this work in the free one you get with the Virus ?

I've not really played with it that much.... is ti fully featured ? (All be it only for the Virus).

Cheers

Message 19/19                 Date: 11-Jul-03  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: Eeuuurrrrgghh! Patches won't store!

digital rust

oh yeah. that's what's so great about it. you can demo
sounds you download and then only pick 3 to send over.
and the editor is rad for the virus. use can see every
parameter. easy tweaking.

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum