0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: AVALON VT-737SP- pro or not?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 30-Jun-03  @  11:57 AM   -   AVALON VT-737SP- pro or not?

JJ Freqy

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm looking into getting a nice new *PRO* preamp that is going to have a RODE NTK or NT1 running through it. I've been looking at the AVALON VT-737SP (see link above for specs) and it looks and sounds pretty nice to me. I'll be paying about $1,900 US dollars for it.

Does anyone else have this preamp/comp/Eq unit? Is there anything else better in it's price range? Has anyone heard anything bad about these units? Any in is appreciated! Thank you for your time.

J

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 30-Jun-03  @  11:58 AM   -   RE: AVALON VT-737SP- pro or not?

JJ Freqy

try this link

Message 3/4                 Date: 30-Jun-03  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: AVALON VT-737SP- pro or not?

psylichon

It's definitely pro, seen and used it in several studios I've worked in. It has a very warm, slightly soft character (especially in the compressor), but you can get a big, ballsy tone out of it for sure. Works great for warming up mono synth channels, too. A lot of money, but it's all Class-A circuitry so you get what you pay for.

psy

Message 4/4                 Date: 30-Jun-03  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: AVALON VT-737SP- pro or not?

JJ Freqy

Thanks Psy! I'll be getting it this next paycheck then. I really liked the sound that it had when her vocals were ran through it and a Rode NTK mic.

J

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum