0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: uQ Crashing with latest os?

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 27-Jun-03  @  11:17 AM   -   uQ Crashing with latest os?

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Fellow uQ owners, have you noticed any system instabilities with the latest O/S??

Since I updated mine I've noticed that the uQ occasionally boots and promptly hangs which it never used to do before. The screen is active and the leds are on but there's no life from the unit - to cure it I've got to physically cut the power, leave it for a few seconds and switch it back on...

Haven't tried rolling back the o/s yet, but that's next on my list of things to do.. any thoughts?

Marc_D

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 28-Jun-03  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: uQ Crashing with latest os?

blacktrax

My microQ does this occasionally as long as I own it and regardless which OS was installed.
I suppose that it might be a problem of temperature because crashes happen more often in summer and if the unit was switched on for a long time.

Message 3/11                 Date: 28-Jun-03  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: uQ Crashing with latest os?

steve

Link?:  No link

yup, mine's the same as blacktrax's. last time I turned it on, the bugger wouldn't turn off again using the power button so I had to yank the plug out of the back.

Message 4/11                 Date: 28-Jun-03  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: uQ Crashing with latest os?

milan

yeah... occasional crash on boot. doesnt bother me much, but i guess its different if you have it mounted in the middle of a rack somewhere...

Message 5/11                 Date: 06-Jul-03  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: uQ Crashing with latest os?

lsw

mine also does this stupid bug thing......it dont get me that
much tho i can live with it.........well no i cant OI! WALDORF
SORT IT OOOWWWTT!

Message 6/11                 Date: 24-Jul-03  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: uQ Crashing with latest os?

marianimal

Mine's doing the same type of thing, froze just now when I started it up. Also the synth has been sluggish in responding to knob movements, especially when lots of MIDI info is running into it but also when the music's off and I'm just trying to change a value. ??? I hadn't noticed these things happening until after I updated to OS 2.20 from 1.14.

Message 7/11                 Date: 24-Jul-03  @  05:24 PM     Edit: 24-Jul-03  |  05:25 PM   -   RE: uQ Crashing with latest os?

marianimal

Hm, on the user forum someone said they fixed the problem by going back to OS 2.14. I never had that one. Does it have the reverbs and delays? (Can't ask in their forum cos I don't subscribe.)

Message 8/11                 Date: 24-Jul-03  @  06:07 PM   -   RE: uQ Crashing with latest os?

errata

All of this is why I've yet to upgrade from 1.14! I know how that sounds, but I keep hearing sooo much bullshit with these advances... would like a little reverb though... shrug.

e

Message 9/11                 Date: 25-Jul-03  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: uQ Crashing with latest os?

marianimal

Ahem, anyone? Does 2.14 have the reverbs & delays? I know I could just install it & find out but blahblahblah can someone just tell me?

Message 10/11                 Date: 28-Jul-03  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: uQ Crashing with latest os?

marianimal

I found on the user forum that resetting the DSP clock has worked for some to stop the crashing. To reset it, you hold the Multi/Compare button down while you're booting up, and keep it down until the screen sez the clock is reset. I did it, and so far no crashing, but it's only been a day or two.

Message 11/11                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  03:26 PM   -   RE: uQ Crashing with latest os?

dARKSTATe

Hmmm interesting.. I think its likely to be o/s rather than enviroment related coz the uQ hasn't moved for a long while, but the O/S has changed..

I'll try that DSP reset thang, see what happenz..

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum