0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova 2 or KS4 ?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 25-Jun-03  @  06:36 AM   -   Supernova 2 or KS4 ?

A. Barone

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Has anyone used both of these keyboards?
I finally have some money to spend on a nice keyboard, and I wanted to know which one you guys thought was a better one.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 25-Jun-03  @  06:53 AM   -   RE: Supernova 2 or KS4 ?

Broken Silence

As for features, the SNII whoops the KS4's ass. Much more polyphony, twice the multitimbrility.

The KS4 has some pretty nifty new features too like the hypersync if that pertains to what you're looking for. It also has the oscilator waves with percs and some other odd sounding samples that I think are cool..but not neccessarily usable.

The KS4 sounds a bit "sharper" to me..more digital sounding while the SNII has a wider more analog sound to it.

I would hands down go for the SNII...there are many more features and IMO it sounds better. They would probably be the same price..ie the KS4 being only new and you can get the SNII used for the same price...

Message 3/6                 Date: 28-Jun-03  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Supernova 2 or KS4 ?

j-type

Link?:  Link

I think the KS sounds considerably richer than yaow- er, the SN I mean  

nice synth

Message 4/6                 Date: 29-Jun-03  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: Supernova 2 or KS4 ?

A barone

anyone else? im more confused now =)

Message 5/6                 Date: 29-Jun-03  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: Supernova 2 or KS4 ?

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

Just try em both. I have a nova which is basically the same engine as the supernova and i love it to death. And guess what the next synth I'm getting is....the KS rack! They both are really good synths. I think the super/nova sounds more analogish and wide. The KS to me sounds crisper and harsher (closer to virus style). So it's really just preferance I guess if you're shooting for sound quality and not features

Message 6/6                 Date: 06-Jul-03  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: Supernova 2 or KS4 ?

lsw

ive not played that much with the KS but ive had a
supernova 2 for 8 months and i fukin love it.its my main
synth really so easy to use and loads of scope.i use it live
and in the studio.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum