0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Mackie Desks and Aux Channels

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 11-Jun-03  @  10:51 AM   -   Mackie Desks and Aux Channels

Hoody

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've a Mackie 32:8:8 and used Aux 1-4 for my outboard verb toys. There is another 2 free Aux channels (5&6) but I can't work out how to use them as independant sends. Are the Mackie Aux 5&6 sends for can foldback purposes only?

Sorry, I know its a boring question.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 11-Jun-03  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: Mackie Desks and Aux Channels

k

Link?: Link

don't get the question:

"but I can't work out how to use them as independant sends. Are the Mackie Aux 5&6 sends for can foldback purposes only"

surely without looking at one, they are just SEND pots regardless wether they are pre/post fade (fixed or switchable)

you just SEND stuff out from the main Master AUX 5/6 output on the back of the mixer and return whatever it is back into a spare channel or AUX return.

PRE-fade Aux sends (whatever they are labelled on the actual mixer), can be useful for certain tasks, but yes, probably as this mixer can be used for live work they would add some fixed PRE-FADE sends for running a few extra foldback chains

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7                 Date: 11-Jun-03  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: Mackie Desks and Aux Channels

Hoody

Ta K! I should have said that aux 5&6 share the same pots as aux 3&4 and there is no switch to change them over. I mean if I have a hall verb on aux 3 and a delay on aux 4 then how am I supposes to use aux 5&6 when I'm already using those pots for aux 3&4 sends?

Maybe that makes more sense now? Maybe?

Message 4/7                 Date: 11-Jun-03  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: Mackie Desks and Aux Channels

psylichon

Mackie sets up a lot of their mixers like this to save money. There is a "shift" button in the aux send area on each channel I/O that switches the pots for aux 3/4 to aux 5/6. You can not use both on the same channel at the same time.

psy

Message 5/7                 Date: 11-Jun-03  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: Mackie Desks and Aux Channels

Hoody

Cheers psy! What, so I can have a verb on aux 3 set at 9 o clock, press the switch button in and set a delay on aux 5 to say 11 o clock and the makie will be able to memorise both settings even though their both sending on the same pot? I thought that was digital desk shit!

Message 6/7                 Date: 11-Jun-03  @  05:01 PM     Edit: 11-Jun-03  |  05:02 PM   -   RE: Mackie Desks and Aux Channels

psylichon

Yeah unfortunately it is. It's a hardware pot, so its value is absolute. And you can only use one set of the alternating sends at a time (either 3/4 OR 5/6, not AND). Sorry.

Message 7/7                 Date: 11-Jun-03  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Mackie Desks and Aux Channels

Hoody

Cheers pst! Bollocks so I'll have to use the groups as sends then.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum