0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Need Big Inputs

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 31-Mar-03  @  03:54 PM   -   Need Big Inputs

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hey guys and gals,

i am looking at a mid budget mixer with a good ammount of inputs. I have 500 or so usd to spend on it.

if you could give me any suggestions...i want something that isnt real noisey...and sturdy build that could withstand a few trips back and forth.

As of now, i was looking at a behringer eurodesk mx2442a because of its 'rugged build', it has a good ammount of inputs, has supposedly really low noise, and the price is exactly what i'm lookin for.

is this info correct on the behringer? if it's not what i'm expecting, is there anything else that would do me the job im lookin for?

thanks  

~Andrew

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 31-Mar-03  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: Need Big Inputs

Def Z

I have a Mackie CFX20 that I'll sell you for $500usd. Email me privately and I'll give you the info on it. darin@defectorz.com

Message 3/4                 Date: 01-Apr-03  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: Need Big Inputs

Cat Hopper

Go for a Neve VR Legend. Don't think you'll be able to afford the flying faders or total recall though. You can but a teletronix LA2A with the change.

Message 4/4                 Date: 01-Apr-03  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: Need Big Inputs

nomad

Link?: Link

do you need mic preamps or EQ? if you can do without it, look into the rack roland mixers... an m240r should put you back about $250 (24 inputs + some stereo returns); an m480 would be around $400 (with 24 stereo inputs = 48 total + 6 stereo returns + others). plenty of inputs.

i don't use EQ for everything, so i have my m480 mated to a speck 316 (got for $350, 16 channels of 3 band EQ i can patch in where i need it); i am very happy with the sound of both of these so far (both the mixer and the EQ are better than mackie by a good ways IMHO) for about $700-750...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum