0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: For Christ's sake, not him again!

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 25-Mar-03  @  10:34 AM   -   For Christ's sake, not him again!

Filthy McNasty

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Yes, its me again. Back with another question that's probably been asked loads. Anyway.....

I'm trying to get my verb pre delay in time with my track. So, I've gone to that chart in the table section and worked out....

My tracks are always at 125bpm. I've caculated that pre delay should be

1/4 48ms

1/8 24ms

1/16 12ms

1/32 6ms

Is that right?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 25-Mar-03  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: For Christ's sake, not him again!

milan

Link?: Link

there's a delay time calculator up there^^^ in the tech tables section^^^ click click  

Message 3/10                 Date: 25-Mar-03  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: For Christ's sake, not him again!

Stefan

No, it isn't ;-)

Message 4/10                 Date: 25-Mar-03  @  12:14 PM   -   RE: For Christ's sake, not him again!

Ragnar0k

Hi Filthy!

hmmm...
125 beats per minute. 1 beat is one 1/4th note (I assume signature is 4/4)

So 125 1/4th per minute, lets divide this by 60, thats 2.0833 1/4th note per second.

Take 1 / 2.0833, thats 0.48 (the length of one 1/4th note is seconds).

If you multiply that w 1000 you get the length of a quarter note in ms.

480 ms voila. I hope I didn't fucked it up  

Message 5/10                 Date: 25-Mar-03  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: For Christ's sake, not him again!

milan

well if you had looked it up in the tables section you would have known if you were right by now. (which you were, btw  )

Message 6/10                 Date: 25-Mar-03  @  01:05 PM   -   RE: For Christ's sake, not him again!

Filthy McNasty

So I was right then Cool. You girlz never give a straight answer. You make people work for it. :-)

Message 7/10                 Date: 25-Mar-03  @  01:21 PM   -   RE: For Christ's sake, not him again!

milan

yup, just like FM  

Message 8/10                 Date: 25-Mar-03  @  02:18 PM     Edit: 25-Mar-03  |  02:22 PM   -   RE: For Christ's sake, not him again!

Ragnar0k

"I've CALCULATED that pre delay should be..."

Oh, and by the way, why don't you just use your ears?

:-)

Message 9/10                 Date: 25-Mar-03  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: For Christ's sake, not him again!

psylichon

'sbeen posted before but 'sgood. ^^^^

Also, an easy way to find a quarter note in ms is divide 60,000 by the tempo. Divide or multiply that further to get other note values.

psy

Message 10/10                 Date: 25-Mar-03  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: For Christ's sake, not him again!

Pongoid

yup, use your ears, cuz simply nailing things spot on the timing thing does not necessarily give you anything you couldn't get by just adding another note with reduced volume in the same place. It's the fact that the timing is not perfect, giving it an advanced or delayed reproduction that makes delay useful in the first place. So...use your ears and adjust the times to what feels correct in the given context.

Ape

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum