0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: sidechaining and pumping internally

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 07-Mar-03  @  12:37 PM   -   sidechaining and pumping internally

soulsurvivor

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

is there a way of using the waves compressor with a sidechain input from another audio/vsti track?

If not are there any software compressors that allow for this?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 14-Mar-03  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: sidechaining and pumping internally

shpongled

Link?:  No link

I think you can't do that with waves.... but DB ProComp can do.

Message 3/12                 Date: 14-Mar-03  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: sidechaining and pumping internally

milan

wasnt there a waves sidechain plugin? or was that tc? sorry... dunno. but if you use logic you can do it with its internal compressors.

Message 4/12                 Date: 16-Mar-03  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: sidechaining and pumping internally

brett

the c1 has an eq sidechain but it's only for the program playing. you can't patch in another source for triggering.

Message 5/12                 Date: 16-Mar-03  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: sidechaining and pumping internally

brett

although, i am curious how the patching would work on a plugin like that. you load it as an insert, and then it opens another pluging called "side chain" that you insert on another track?

Message 6/12                 Date: 16-Mar-03  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: sidechaining and pumping internally

bbox

maybe run the drums and bass thru a bus (sx) and hard pan them and insert a compressor would that work?
crap I really would like to figure this out.
Psy?

Message 7/12                 Date: 17-Mar-03  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: sidechaining and pumping internally

d

well, on the dave brown one, there's a section labeled "sidechain" with send and recieve buttons. as you click the buttons, they cycle from OFF to A through F. So you'd instantiate 2 instances of the plugin, set one channel's SEND to A, the other's RCV to A, and you're happily sidechaining away with either compression or expansion/gating. And you can do this six times. I think. Let's see... A.. B.. C.., yeah, six.  

Message 8/12                 Date: 17-Mar-03  @  04:29 AM   -   RE: sidechaining and pumping internally

brett

i tried the hard panning thing a while back. didn't work. there was cross talk on the channel even panned all the way. i turned the volume all the way down on the fx rtn of the trigger channel, but it came through in the other slightly.

Message 9/12                 Date: 17-Mar-03  @  04:56 AM   -   RE: sidechaining and pumping internally

bbox

hmmm dave brown huh.. havent tried that one. is goingto check it out... is it freeware?

Message 10/12                 Date: 17-Mar-03  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: sidechaining and pumping internally

d

not free but there's demos at that address ^^^ to try first

Message 11/12                 Date: 17-Mar-03  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: sidechaining and pumping internally

a.d.d.

so i'm internally pumping this chick...

Message 12/12                 Date: 17-Mar-03  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: sidechaining and pumping internally

breakerbox

Link?:  Link

yeah tried it last nite it kinda works.. will keep trying

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum