0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Chorus

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 07-Mar-03  @  03:05 AM   -   Chorus

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

For some reason, the chorus on my nova seems to be really noisey...is it just me? When i have the chorus on full blast, it sounds great on full cutoff but when it goes down a bit or so i start getting crackling- especially at the maximum amp (EG the start of a note if the sustain level is 80).

if the chorus is set at like 40ish or something (the send) then it sounds fine at all cutoff frequencies. HMMMMM....

so any ideas from you about this little problem?

also, I wanted to know if there were any good external multi effects units- i want something that has specifically good reverb and chorus/flange..and not toooo expensive and i want it s/h

thanks a bunch guys...

andrew

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 07-Mar-03  @  03:37 AM   -   RE: Chorus

psylichon

It sounds like you're either overdriving the chorus, or the chorus is overdriving the main program output. It's hard to tell on the Nova because the "FX knob" seems to be send and return level in one.

Try either turning down your oscillator mix levels or the master program level. One or the other should solve your problem.

On some of my really resonant or heavily-effected patches, my oscillators have to be at like 10-20 in level to keep the Nova from clipping.

As for external boxes, couldn't help ya there. Never had one except for a MIDIverb IV, that sucked, and the ones i've used at work are undoubtedly outta your price range. They're sure outta mine!  

psy

Message 3/6                 Date: 07-Mar-03  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: Chorus

Broken Silence

cooool beans that seemed to be it. the bitch was clipping so hard i had to throw it all the way down to about 20 on the osc mixes =)

thanks again man

Message 4/6                 Date: 10-Mar-03  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: Chorus

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

okay continuing the topic:

i wanna still use the nova for the effects on it, but I'd like to get a nord 2 as my next synth and have my eye on one currently...

what is a cheap effects unit that has EQ, Chorus, reverb, and delay- they only ones I need. they dont have to be really good, something in the 100-200 price range s/h is an option.

thanks         

Message 5/6                 Date: 10-Mar-03  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: Chorus

Stefan

The Lexicon MPX 100 offers all these but only 2 max at a time.
And it has the best reverb of all low price units.

Message 6/6                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: Chorus

Filthy McNasty

Link?:  No link

My MPX 500's make my tracks sound expensive.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum