0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Outboard FX Suggestions

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 03-Mar-03  @  03:43 PM   -   Outboard FX Suggestions

Filthy McNasty

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Got some spare change in my pocket. Fancy a versatile ouboard FX unit. Got reverb covered already. I was looking at the pod but have nothing really to compare it to. Into the idea of some nice fx that I can treat my leads....actually I dunno what I want. Ignore that. Maybe something that I could use to liven up my leads, strings and pads. Any suggestions.....?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 03-Mar-03  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: Outboard FX Suggestions

99devils

Link?: Link

POD is just distortions. The FX aren't really that good. They're supposed to be better on the XT though. Besides, that's just not what the box is designed for. It accepts instrument level signals, not line level, and everything in it is tailored towards guitars. I don't use mine on anything else.

Look at a TC M-One, or a Lexicon MPX-500, and get a couple distortion pedals off ebay. You'll be better off, unless you record a lot of guitars. The POD is great for that.

-Craig

Message 3/8                 Date: 03-Mar-03  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: Outboard FX Suggestions

nomad

Link?:  Link

what about a vf-1? they're pretty cheap used. i haven't used the vf-1, but i have its predecessor the se-70, and can vouch that it sounds good and has a lot of 'way out there' effects...

Message 4/8                 Date: 04-Mar-03  @  08:21 AM   -   RE: Outboard FX Suggestions

Filthy McNasty

Cheers 99. I really want a Roland Dimension C but I just can't find one anywhere. What other pedals would you recommend a listen to?

Message 5/8                 Date: 04-Mar-03  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: Outboard FX Suggestions

R.A.T.

I love my Kaoss Pad 2, not your traditional outboard unit but for livening up pads or leads its awesome.

Just move your finger(s) across the pad for some really varied and wild as you like filering, modulation, beat slicing, tempo sync'd delay etc.

Check out the demo on the link. It can be as subtle or extreme as you like.

Message 6/8                 Date: 04-Mar-03  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: Outboard FX Suggestions

influx

Link?:  Link

second that on the VF-1

Message 7/8                 Date: 05-Mar-03  @  01:27 AM   -   RE: Outboard FX Suggestions

d

I use a rocktron hush II to match my aux out to guitar amp emulator box input. some of the amp/speaker models dirty up beats in a real nice way.

Message 8/8                 Date: 05-Mar-03  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: Outboard FX Suggestions

Mindspawn

If you like to do realtime tweaks, the Mo-FX is pretty cool and you can find for under $150 fairly frequently these days.... tasty unit for the price...

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum