0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Question for you soundfont people

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 18-Dec-02  @  12:52 AM   -   Question for you soundfont people

Accent

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've been programming soundfonts and I've come across one little thing I can't figure out. I can't assign a CC to Filter Resonance (Q)! This makes no sense to me. I have no problems assigning any controller available to Cutoff.. it sweeps just fine. But no matter what I try, I can't get anything to control the Q. What am I overlooking? If any of you know how to do this, I would appreciate an example of how to set all the parameters to do this... or if you know of an online resource that specifically describes how to do it, that would be good. Thanks.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 18-Dec-02  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: Question for you soundfont people

k

Link?:  Link

cc 74 or 76 innit (GM isnt it?)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4                 Date: 19-Dec-02  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: Question for you soundfont people

accent

No, not GM. What I'm doing is building presets from the ground up in vienna. When you do this you actually have to assign controllers to parameters, and then program how those parameters respond to the controllers. You could even make the pitchwheel sweep the filter (or change the attack of the envelope even) and then you could make it so it only sweeps a certain range, or make it switch from closed to completely open at 64... whatever. In the SF2 format, there are four controllers you can use for whatever you want, emu has chosen 21-24. And I'm not able to make any of them move the resonance in realtime. Which is frustrating because cutoff works fine.
Is this parameter not one that can be smoothly changed in realtime? Am I going to have to resort to using NRPNs? Things that would be helpful:
-Someone telling me exactly how to set the generator parameters and modulator properties
-A link to a free soundfont file that is programmed with this functionality so I can open it up in vienna and take a look.
-A prefabricated studioware panel with a resonance knob (I'm using cakewalk 9)that is made for the emu aps. I have an sblive value with apslive drivers.

This is really holding me back at the moment, so if anyone who knows the deal with soundfonts can help out, I would be most thankful.
And thanks kilo for trying to help  

Message 4/4                 Date: 19-Dec-02  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: Question for you soundfont people

accent

Got it sorted. When you are editing in vienna, you can have everything set right, but the little sliders at the top of the screen don't do anything to the resonance. However... when you save your font and start playing it in your sequencer... draw in the controller changes and sure enough it starts squelching away. A glitch in vienna? Something to do with my hacked drivers? I don't know, but that's all there is to it. I hope somebody else with the same problem reads this and avoids the frustration I had.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum