0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: okay, im stumped....

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 09-Dec-02  @  01:45 AM   -   okay, im stumped....

scrotalsack

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

okay, a friend of mine sent me this email... i
looked and looked but i couldnt find a product
that met this criteria. any suggestions?
thanks....

-sack

"THERE IS THIS GUY AT WORK WHO ASKED
ME ABOUT USING A DELAY UNIT BETWEEN
HIS CROSSOVER AND HIS AMPLIFIER.......HE
NEEDS IT FOR A TIME CORRECTION
BECAUSE ONE HIS LO-END IS A LITTLE
BEHIND HIS HI-END.,........SO!"

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 09-Dec-02  @  02:25 AM   -   RE: okay, im stumped....

psylichon

Never heard of a speaker-level delay unit. Maybe your dude should look into seperate amps for each driver and line-level delay units. Or a BBE (aren't they supposed to time-align high and low frequencies? Or whatever...  )

psy

Message 3/7                 Date: 09-Dec-02  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: okay, im stumped....

Scott

Link?:  No link

hmmm... I wonder if his bass is from a computer software synthesizer or sampler? there can sometimes be issues synchronizing hardware to software, because the software always has the higher latency (i.e. delay). I used to run into this problem when I ran EXS-24 for drums, and outboard gear for everything else... until I got a multi-input soundcard (Delta1010), and ran all of my outboard into that and used Logic as a mixer. That way, all of the sound (software sampler and outboard) were subject to the same latency, because the output of Logic was the summed audio signal of everything, and it sounded coherent and in-time.

So your buddy might want to try that; running everything into the computer, or, ditch the computer and use hardware for the bassline.  

Scott

Message 4/7                 Date: 09-Dec-02  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: okay, im stumped....

k

Link?:  Link

well he could use any delay unit surely?.... the signal coming from the crossover is still line-level... we're only talking a few MS of delay tho so a 'long-time' delay unit isn't required.

mind you I think he's nuts if he wants to use time-alignment on cab-blocks in the same section of rig - time-delay is for like flyers further down the feild or venue surely?... but then if he's doing the PA at a spanish football stadium I doubt he'd be asking that on a www forum  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7                 Date: 09-Dec-02  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: okay, im stumped....

Scott

Link?:  No link

heh, oops... just realized my response was way off the orig question... lol

Message 6/7                 Date: 09-Dec-02  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: okay, im stumped....

xoxos

i've heard of this being done to 'correct' a particular venue, i'd wager there are specific products for it. check speaker manufs. ie. harmon kastrati or whatever, they do big setups. haha.

Message 7/7                 Date: 10-Dec-02  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: okay, im stumped....

99devils

Behringer SHARC can do those little delays, and also give him a limiter so's he's not blowing speakers.

I've usually heard of this with really big venues where speakers further back have to be time-corrected so the audio is in phase with what'scoming from the stage.

-Craig

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum