0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Portable Sampling

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 01-Dec-02  @  01:48 AM   -   Portable Sampling

switchbladesousa

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello. I have, for quite some time now, had an interest in sampling in places such as: my car, coffe shops, restuarants, the woods and mountains, etc. Would a minidisc recorder be the best, reasonably priced gadget for this tye of endeavor? I was also thinking of acquiring a small hand held recorder, although I know the sound would be shit compared to a minidisc. For some reason, I've got a picture in my mind of this deivce that looks like a ray gun; I think I saw it in the "making of" one of the Star Wars movies. I basically want to sample life unplanned, snippets of conversation, urban, suburban, even rural sounds, etc. Do any of you do this?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 01-Dec-02  @  02:49 AM   -   RE: Portable Sampling

xoxos

Link?: Link

i use a portable minidisc and a cheap realistic™ stereo piezo mic, which imho adequately captures location sounds. beats the hell out of tape cassette.

Message 3/4                 Date: 01-Dec-02  @  06:42 AM   -   RE: Portable Sampling

psylichon

Link?: Link

If you want uncompressed beauty, look at the Sony portable DATs. With a good stereo mic, it's all you need.

psy

Message 4/4                 Date: 09-Dec-02  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: Portable Sampling

a.d.d.

Link?:  No link

what about the old roland ms-1 phrase sampler. battery operated, 16bit 44.1kHz, i think it might even have had a built in mic. ah, my first sampler. lol.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum