0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: need help desperatly A5000+RM1x

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  09:22 PM   -   need help desperatly A5000+RM1x

TIC

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

this is what i am trying to do. i have this loop at 144 bpm. i have trimmed it so that it sound perfekt (and i do mean perfekt). when i press the audition key everything sounds dandy when i press the little keys on my rm1x it sounds fine to. This is were the problem rears its ugly face. When i record a midi note to trigger the loop with (step time) i get a little glitch at the start of the loop every time the loop starts over and is triggerd again (or rather every other time exactly spot on). I read somwere that the midi migth glitch if the RM1X sends midi to TG so i turned that stuff of in the utility section. I have never experienced any timing glitches before and this is the first time i try to trigger loops this way so what am i doing wrong?
Or does the yammy timing simply suck that much?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: need help desperatly A5000+RM1x

influx

Link?: Link

did you check the release on the loop? If its set too long then itll overlap (the loop will still be finishing when it starts up again

Message 3/6                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  11:18 PM   -   RE: need help desperatly A5000+RM1x

TiC

the loop has no envelope (or eg as it is called in yamaha land) at all ie all values ar 127 and all levels are set to +0 so the loop stops dead. it is a precussion loop if that matters.
i have done some experimenting now and i think there migth just be a small trimming error in the loop itself. if i play a sustained note for say 8 bars before the loop is retriggerd from the sequenser the glitch becomes more apparent. So this is probably the case. This i think is weird since i used the internal loop functions of the sampler to trim the loop. Also because there is no audiable glitch if u just loop the sample without retriggering it hmmm well ill just have to experiment some more and check back here for tips

Message 4/6                 Date: 29-Nov-02  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: need help desperatly A5000+RM1x

BJT

I always ask this... is it rom 1.13

Message 5/6                 Date: 29-Nov-02  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: need help desperatly A5000+RM1x

Deano

I don't have any experience of this kit, but treating it as a general sequencer/sampler problem it sounds like the timing is slightly off. If I undersand you right you have the sample looped and are retriggering it every bar (or whatever the sample length is). If the sample has looped back to the start just before it is retriggered you will hear a glitch. Why not turn off the loop function and just one-shot trigger it each bar. If you still have problems try shortening the note length a bit to make sure you avoid any overlap. Midi timing is never spot-on even with a H/W sequencer. You may find you can get it to sound perfect soloed but then when you add a few more parts the glitch reappears. With percussion loops you can often put the note-off quite early without it becoming obvious, sometimes a bit of release on the VCA envelope helps too.

Message 6/6                 Date: 30-Nov-02  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: need help desperatly A5000+RM1x

errata

RM!x timing is fine... what you did is the best way I know to find out if youre loop is off. Are you POSITIVE you know the right tempo?! try tweaking the pitch in semitones on the sampler to tighten it up a bit.

e

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum