0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Interesting product

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 11-Nov-02  @  04:59 PM   -   Interesting product

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Egosys 'Gigastation' - hmm... sampler card system with 8 analog outs and something they call: 'GIGAWIRE' - Like rewire it routes the sampler into VST etc like with rewire.

The package has the main sampler card with 8 (4 x stereo) analog out's and s/pdif OUT

the second card is the midi breakout card (doesn't actualy insert into a slot, but uses a free pci case slot as it's locator)

There are 4 midi sockets adapters which plug In to those 4 midi ports. (2 IN - 2 OUT)

Also you get a bunch of disks (dunno if any are sounds yet), and a stereo to 2 x mono 1/4" lead

well, there it is, ASIO drivers & WDM is with it... Only drawback I can see is NO INPUT, but if you don't require recording, or want to use a PC as a stand-alone sampler then fine.

Dunno what formats it reads either yet... anyways, looks interesting. But why there is no audio IN I dunno

??

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: Interesting product

errata

Link?:  No link

no audio in on a sampler????

shrug, is it getting that bad for SW users!?

Stickin' with my trusty A3K

e

Message 3/10                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Interesting product

milan

Link?: Link

its for gigasampler format, isnt it? you cant make your own with it anyway afaik.

Message 4/10                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  02:21 AM   -   RE: Interesting product

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

Sounds like Samplecell revisited.

H- no in there either

Message 5/10                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  02:30 AM   -   RE: Interesting product

psylichon

yeah, I've never heard of people even editing gigasampler sounds, let alone creating them from scratch. I tried to go in once just to change some envelope times and even that was way too complicated for me to care about.

Some of those programs with 8-way velocity switching and samples for each note can get really damned crazy! Best to use it as a rompler... a crazy wicked good rompler.

psylichon

Message 6/10                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: Interesting product

errata

Damn! You can't do your own samples in Gigasampler? Why use it? Just for precontructed sounds?

Sigh...

e

Message 7/10                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: Interesting product

bedwyr

you can, it's just a bit fiddly, plus the damn thing is a hungry beast which runs as a seperate app. now if this card can do the dsp for gigasampler then ...

Message 8/10                 Date: 14-Nov-02  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: Interesting product

psylichon

well, people buy it for the libraries. yes, a'la samplecell. But, oh, those libraries...

There is nothing better for acoustic piano. Hands down. No question. I've heard the 5-disc vocal collection is unbelievable, too.

psylichon

Message 9/10                 Date: 14-Nov-02  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: Interesting product

k

it imports akai btw.

Message 10/10                 Date: 14-Nov-02  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: Interesting product

Ghost

yeah that Giga Akai converter opened up a whole new world for me... I bought some s/h Akai sample discs, and now I have loads of sounds....

one bad thing about that Akai convert... I've noticed that sometimes Giga doesn't like when you convert something from Akai format, and then try to go in and edit it, such as adding a filter mapping to it... sometimes it fouls it all up, and you just get a terrible screeching noise...

win some, lose some.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum