0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: live jungle in london

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/21                 Date: 24-Oct-02  @  12:24 PM   -   live jungle in london

falltdfex

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Please someone help me.Im trying book gigs around london can any1 suggest good places to gig with a live breakbeat/jungle/hiphop band.We have played at the kings head in fulham very good venue but cant get another gig there cause we do dance music and they only seem to have indie/rock bands playing.also they seem to have this stupid rule that even if its ur first gig and u dont get 50 people there they wont rebook u,how do they expect u to get a following

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/21                 Date: 24-Oct-02  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

k

Link?:  Link

which venue has got that rule?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/21                 Date: 24-Oct-02  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

falltdfex

pretty much most of them.its really pissing me off we did a storming gig at the kings head but they wont give us another 1

Message 4/21                 Date: 24-Oct-02  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

k

centrifugalsound@junglist.com

you could try asking them for ideas.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/21                 Date: 24-Oct-02  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

falltdfex

did but the geezer was not very helpful just wasnt interested.Im aiming at universities at the moment seems like a better option

Message 6/21                 Date: 24-Oct-02  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

milan

Link?: Link

maybe you should work more on your pr skills? hustling aint easy...

Message 7/21                 Date: 24-Oct-02  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

falltdfex

belive me i have

Message 8/21                 Date: 25-Oct-02  @  09:32 AM   -   RE: live jungle in london

Pongoid

how do they know if you bring fifty?
people requesting you at the door?
The club is empty? Find some DJ that's popular, and either open for him, or have him open for you, play together, and let the owners try to say who brought the crowd. More important, than the number of heads, though, is how well you rock the folks there, cuz even if it's only like 20 kids, and they dance their asses off, they'll spread the word, and then you've got it made.

Good Luck

Ape

Message 9/21                 Date: 25-Oct-02  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

falltdfex

they know by people requesting us and bringing our flyers.we did rock the whole place all the bar staff loved us and every1 else there.i sold shed loads of cds 2.But that dont seem to matter to them there just interested in the £s

Message 10/21                 Date: 25-Oct-02  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

k

why doncha get a dub plate cut and go round promoting that to get things going?

Message 11/21                 Date: 25-Oct-02  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

falltdfex

ive been thinking bout that.dont know much bout doing it though im gonna chat to sox bout it

Message 12/21                 Date: 25-Oct-02  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

k

i'll get you a number if you like, my kid just got a plate cut in tottm for 30 squids.

Message 13/21                 Date: 26-Oct-02  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: live jungle in london

sox

Music House (formerly in Holloway, now in deep Nth London) are doing 500 white labels for £350+Vat (approx £387 total)

sox

Message 14/21                 Date: 26-Oct-02  @  02:29 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

k

actualy, the drummer I'm working with used to work at a pressing company - he's going to see if he can get me a deal.

Message 15/21                 Date: 28-Oct-02  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

falltdfex

cool all sounds good nad to top it all got a publishing company ring me on saturday :-)

Message 16/21                 Date: 28-Oct-02  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

dARKSTATe

Our bass player is also running a monthly dnb night in Woking - I can make some enquiries and see what their low down on live PAs is..

Saw U at the kings head and arse was kicked so there's no reason why not.. and seeing as there's a great dnb scene down in Surrey at the moment, you never know (about 30-40mins from London direct)

:-)

If it's of any use, drop a mail or msg me here...

Good luck mate

Marc_D

Message 17/21                 Date: 28-Oct-02  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

falltdfex

thanks alot im very intersested in that need to get into that scene as theres not much of it up here in the sticks of bedfordshire.Any help u can give me would b greatly appreciated

Message 18/21                 Date: 29-Oct-02  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: live jungle in london

dARKSTATe

There's a "Quantize" night this coming thursday if you can make it down at all; you're welcome to come and check it out; see if its something you (and FallTDFex) would be interested in..

Drop me an email, info@darkstate.co.uk, if you like

Cheers

M_D

Message 19/21                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: live jungle in london

falltdfex

HEY MARC
MYSELF AND TDUB R COMMING DOWN TO THE QUANTIZE GIG 2NITE I LEFT A MESSAGE ON UR ANSWER PHONE AND ILL TRY RING U LATER OR U CAN RING ME ON 07732085126

CHEERS PAUL

Message 20/21                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

dARKSTATe

All done and dusted.. C U tonite bud, should be some nasty dnb goin' down!

Marc_D

Message 21/21                 Date: 16-Nov-02  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: live jungle in london

BJT

ahh...

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum