0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: exs24 drum decay

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14                 Date: 26-Sep-02  @  01:28 PM   -   exs24 drum decay

Drop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How do all you exs24 people sort out decay on drums. Do you:-

1. Use the sample window (waveform) and shorten it there?

2. Use the decay slider on the env (when I use this it seems to just make the sample way quiet)?

3. Use a noise gate plug in?

Thanks.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/14                 Date: 26-Sep-02  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: exs24 drum decay

milan

Link?: Link

note lenght?

Message 3/14                 Date: 26-Sep-02  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: exs24 drum decay

Drop

doesn't work. I'm pretty sure.

Message 4/14                 Date: 26-Sep-02  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: exs24 drum decay

Drop

plus Milan, that's naughty practices. Always sort at source.

Message 5/14                 Date: 26-Sep-02  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: exs24 drum decay

milan

huh? why? i like to be able to draw in notes with different lenghts. make some accents and such...

not EXS user (not yet anyway), but i guess editing the envelope would be your best bet? thats what i did with h/w anyway.

Message 6/14                 Date: 26-Sep-02  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: exs24 drum decay

Scott Digweed

Drop,

what kinda drum samples are you working with? also, what kind of drum pattern are we dealing with; i.e. closed/open/closed/open high hat or something more like a snare roll?

i'll check into it this weekend and let you know what i come up with.

Scott

Message 7/14                 Date: 26-Sep-02  @  08:58 PM     Edit: 26-Sep-02  |  09:00 PM   -   RE: exs24 drum decay

Steve Roughley

I have this problem as well. The envelopes on the EXS24 just don't bite hard enough, which is a necessesity with some sounds like when you want a particularily short tight hat. The EXS just doesn't have the right decay setting no matter how much I fiddle it.

My work around is to load several of each sample (three usually covers it) that I wish to alter the decay of and alter the note end point for each sample. It's a pain though and if anyone has a solution, I'd also like to hear it.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 8/14                 Date: 26-Sep-02  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: exs24 drum decay

toast

As much as I like the exs it does kinda suck for drums so I dont use it for that, but you can use note length to shorten samples just make sure one shot mode is off.

Message 9/14                 Date: 27-Sep-02  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: exs24 drum decay

Drop

Excellent, so make sure "one-shot" is off then note length works. That makes things easier.

I have to disagree (again). I think the exs is excellent for drums. It SOUNDS wicked. Sure it doesn't have all the options of other soft samplers and the filter is a bit limited but for Logic intergration and SOUND its tops.

Message 10/14                 Date: 27-Sep-02  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: exs24 drum decay

bedwyr

yeah got to agree, i only use it for drums

Message 11/14                 Date: 27-Sep-02  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: exs24 drum decay

xoxos

$300 and it's got crap resolution on short decays? scoff scoff

Message 12/14                 Date: 27-Sep-02  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: exs24 drum decay

Drop

LOL @ xoxos. xoxos if you were an effect, you'd be a filter :-)

Message 13/14                 Date: 05-Oct-02  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: exs24 drum decay

milan

ARGH! now I have that same problem! okay... where is that bloody One-Shot button so i can switch it off?

Message 14/14                 Date: 05-Oct-02  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: exs24 drum decay

milan

nevermind... found it.

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum