0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: live remixing and vj-ing

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 06-Sep-02  @  11:54 AM   -   live remixing and vj-ing

kasper

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to do live remixing. So existing tracks and add drumbeats etc. to them. Loop bits of the tracks etc. I want to sync videoclips to the beats etc. Therefore I use a VJ program that triggers clips with midi. I need a continuos stream with midi data or else the video's wil stop.

My idea is to trigger phrase samples with a midi sequencer ( i own a rm1x ). Ok, good for short phrases. But how should I do it with long vocal parts ? I need a "sampler" with a lot of memory. For example a SP-808. Is it possible to trigger de SP-808 with midi in a way i need ?

Then another problem. If I want to change to another song/style in het rm1x i need to stop the mididata. For the VJ act i need the have a continue midi data stream. Is it possible to "sample" the midi data with a mmt8 and immidiatly loop it. So the midi data comes from the mmt8 and I have time to switch to another song in the rm1x.

Any of you have some idea's, solutions etc. for me ?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: live remixing and vj-ing

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

if you have a mac and you feel like learning a
programming language/GUI MAX ISP will help
you design your own program for this.You
could also pick up some old VTRs w/ GPI
inputs and start and stop them w/ midi to
GPI.Then get a used video mixer and mix
them live.Also Edirol has a midi to CTL-L unit
that might be useful if you're using mini dv.You
could go to creativecow.net and see if there is
anyone who could do more than guess.I'm
just guessing.If you mean to sync the audio
and video w/ frame accuracy those guesses
aren't worth anything to you.But since no
replies were posted I thought i'd give it a
guess.Laterz.

H

Message 3/9                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: live remixing and vj-ing

99devils

Link?: Link

Which software are you using? I downloaded Robotfunk Flowmotion (search at http://www.hitsquad.com) and it looks like it'll do what you're asking. I've been too busy to test it though.

-Craig

Message 4/9                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: live remixing and vj-ing

kasper

Thank you. I also have experience with flowmotion but I think it's not very stable. It has a lot of cool functions, but it's not very well programmed.

I would use Arkaos VJ ( www.arkaos.be ). The main problem is not triggering the video. But the continuos stream of midi-data to trigger the video.

Also options to lipsync video with vocal samples are interesting. Maybe possible with timecode or something like that ?

Message 5/9                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  11:28 PM   -   RE: live remixing and vj-ing

k

i think kodak carousel projectors can take a midi step/next trigger too - slides are great in live shows combined with moving stuff.

Message 6/9                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: live remixing and vj-ing

k

also old super8 film & a projector?... you can expose a film black and scratch shit on it with a sharp instrument and make film loops of it.

Message 7/9                 Date: 04-Oct-02  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: live remixing and vj-ing

99devils

Those old-school display panels you hook up to a PC or laptop and place on an overhead projector are cheap as hell nowadays and are great for small to medium venues.

-Craig

Message 8/9                 Date: 07-Oct-02  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: live remixing and vj-ing

k

Link?:  Link

yeah... and old oil lights, and UV of course with artwork or whatever & strobes...   - lazers?.. you can make em and use small glass prism's to get cool fx radiating out... me mate made some in plastic drainpipes.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/9                 Date: 19-Oct-02  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: live remixing and vj-ing

horizens

File?:  [image]

[image file]

i've used arkoas live with uberzone for awhile. easy
to use and it's pretty cool for the most part.
except for some cheesy transitions and effects, as
long as you have good jpegs and video you're set.

they just released an osX version which includes
some enhancements that well really needed.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum