0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: middleastern instruments sample cd?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  02:28 AM   -   middleastern instruments sample cd?

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

any recommendations please?, we want flutes and stringed instruments drums etc etc in a format that'll load to Kontakt

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: middleastern instruments sample cd?

megahead

I took multi-samples of the whole Ethnic sample bank from my rm1x a while back,not the best quality but with some layering and filtering I got some nice usable programs,i'd hand them over but they are in yammy format and i've no zip drive no more.I dont know any sample CDs,we had a nice one from Zero G with a trip hop construction kit for a while,loads of plucked instraments in amazing quality,Time and space did a nice conga CD called ethnic percussion years ago,they didnt bother giving the individual hits so you have to cut the loops to bits to find anything usable.

Message 3/10                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: middleastern instruments sample cd?

megahead

I took multi-samples of the whole Ethnic sample bank from my rm1x a while back,not the best quality but with some layering and filtering I got some nice usable programs,i'd hand them over but they are in yammy format and i've no zip drive no more.I dont know any sample CDs,we had a nice one from Zero G with a trip hop construction kit for a while,loads of plucked instraments in amazing quality,Time and space did a nice conga CD called ethnic percussion years ago,they didnt bother giving the individual hits so you have to cut the loops to bits to find anything usable.

Message 4/10                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: middleastern instruments sample cd?

bedwyr

Link?: Link

http://www.soniccontrol.com/tech/midi/articles/samplecds/silkroad.shtml

haven't heard it though

Message 5/10                 Date: 25-Aug-02  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: middleastern instruments sample cd?

toast

Rare Instruments by Quantum Leap is really quite good but it's pricey and maybe overkill in this case.

On the cheaper end you can pick up emu's world instruments and world percussion. They are a bit dated it terms of size and so on but there's some good stuff on them and emu sell a 9cd bundle including both of them for $100. You'll probably need some sort of translation program to get them into kontakt though.

Emu also has some pretty cheap ($20-30) soundfont CDs including a number of ethnic ones which I haven't heard but I wouldn't be suprised if they were made with the same samples as their sampler cds. Kontakt should be able to load up soundfonts without any problem.

Message 6/10                 Date: 28-Aug-02  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: middleastern instruments sample cd?

k

ah yes we saw that silkroad disk which looks ok.... I just wondered if any other recommendations?.. i suppose it's not a common style of sample disk content , there can't be many of them around on this content-subject

Message 7/10                 Date: 28-Aug-02  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: middleastern instruments sample cd?

Drop

Roots of the Pacfic - Big Fish Audio

Roots of South Africa - Big Fish Audio

Roots of Middle East - Big Fish Audio

Roots of India - Big Fish Audio

Ethno World - Best Service

Heart of Asia - Spectrasonics

Heart of Africa - Spectrasonics

Raricussions - USB

Ethnic Volumes 1 & 2 - Zero G

Voices of Native America - Q-UP Arts

Deepest India - Zero G

All available from Time and Space.

Message 8/10                 Date: 05-Sep-02  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: middleastern instruments sample cd?

errata

Deepest india is brilliant.... Voices on one disk and instruments on the other!

Beautiful stuff. It's where I get a lot of vocal samples... There and my girlfriend!

t

Message 9/10                 Date: 17-Sep-02  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: middleastern instruments sample cd?

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

I must concur(spulling?)Deepest India is
great.Although not middle eastern.Sub
Continental sure.Be careful w/ the mid east
stuff you never know when you'll wind up
another Rushdie.Just ask REVCO.Muslims
are serious about their vocal recordings and
how you freak them.

Message 10/10                 Date: 17-Sep-02  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: middleastern instruments sample cd?

Oh you said instruments....duh

I could record some AK-47 samples,maybe
some RPG?sorry couldn't resist.I saw this guy
on CNN playing a violin in Afganistan,The
Taliban came to him and said"play again and
we'll cut off your hands"He was like the most
famous violinist there.That must suck.I'm not
sure my country has their best interests in
heart(oil).Yet I am glad he can play again
cause it sounded pretty cool.Maybe you
should get a DAT,grow a beard, and take a
vacation.If you do i'll buy your recordings.

-;)

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum