0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: Is this all of us?

Viewing all 78 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

Original Message 1/78                 Date: 03-Apr-02  @  01:16 PM   -   Is this all of us?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm finding it kind of odd. DT has thousands of hits. From who? Why are they not posting? There are more electronic musicians out there, and not just the new generation, but older hedz too. Where are they hiding? Why don't they represent a bit? Respect for the few that have already, but I KNOW that there are many more as of yet. Where ya at?

Ape

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/78                 Date: 03-Apr-02  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Mindspawn

Preach on Apeman.........

Peace

Message 3/78                 Date: 03-Apr-02  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Maarten

He's right though, I just recently realised when one of my tracks started getting lots of votes and they kept coming for days, like 4-5 per day... I'm pretty modest and am saying this just to indicate the swing of my view towards how many visits this site gets. (Would even be naive, spelling? to think that every single listner would have clicked "vote")

-M-

(stage-fright is getting to me already while writing this ;)

Message 4/78                 Date: 04-Apr-02  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

brentym

i've been visiting this site almost every day like checking my mail for about 2.5 years. hardly ever post, though. mostly just because i am not that knowledgeable when it comes to synths, programming, etc...

a lot of what i've learned technically about making music with electronic devices i learned from here. and i appreciate it. look forward to passing along the information when i can.

and, if any of you find your way to phoenix, hit me up and i will buy you a beer.

Message 5/78                 Date: 04-Apr-02  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

influx

been wondering the same thing myself.

I tell people about the place all the time. The only one that has showed up was that Vangelis person who talked shit on sitar, and shame on him for doin it

but hes a cool kid in person.

other than that..dunno, man.

cant say this place weeds out the SHIT cuz there are plenty of shitheads here, too 

Message 6/78                 Date: 04-Apr-02  @  02:55 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

damballah

seems especially slow lately

Message 7/78                 Date: 04-Apr-02  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Pongoid

There will always be shitheads. They come and go, but this place gets hit from all over. So where are the performing musicians? Represent people. Your time is now. We can do this, or folks can lose interest, and move on to something else. What's it going to be?

Ape

Message 8/78                 Date: 04-Apr-02  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Deano

Link?:  No link

It would be interesting to know what areas of the site get visited most. Maybe there are lots of people who are not musicians, just dance music fans who show up to listen to posted tracks, get news on gigs and releases etc. Or maybe they are all A&R people looking for the next BT.

Message 9/78                 Date: 05-Apr-02  @  05:03 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

influx

Link?:  Link

CAN I? CAN I? ME ME ME!!!!

pleeeeeeezzzz?

Message 10/78                 Date: 05-Apr-02  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Deano

Form an orderly queue now please.

Message 11/78                 Date: 05-Apr-02  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

damballah

brooklyn accent: "I gotcha next beeeee teeeeee right hee-yuh!" Grabs crotch, spits.

Message 12/78                 Date: 05-Apr-02  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

horizens

File?:  [image]

[image file]

i'm here. play out sometimes with the vocalist
i'm working with. ain't exactly live though but
that's another thread.

Message 13/78                 Date: 05-Apr-02  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

formant

man... how long has this been here? i remember a few days ago talking about it and now here it is!!

i think people don't see it in the list

jamey

Message 14/78                 Date: 05-Apr-02  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

horizens

[image file]

kilo was good enough to make it right away

Message 15/78                 Date: 05-Apr-02  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Frostbyte

i'm naked now and you can watch. Beware tho', it's raw, untreated, unedited. And I don't have a very precise idea of what i'm doing. Might be boring to you, but that's your problem, i'm quite happy with it.

1 pattern, 6:36 minutes long.

my feeling is if I did that in front of an audience , I'd be lynched instantly, lynch me now  

Message 16/78                 Date: 05-Apr-02  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Frostbyte

errr, Moonbeams from a larger lunacy

Message 17/78                 Date: 05-Apr-02  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

99devils

I play live too, but not in the Dance arena.. Still y'all have been really helpful to me over the years so I still try to give back.

-Craig

Message 18/78                 Date: 06-Apr-02  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

xoxos

it does seem slow lately.. i've been out of it since last year suffering from a severe depression brought on my irregular midi timing. mebbe it's just a slow time of year for new questions?

Message 19/78                 Date: 07-Apr-02  @  02:36 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

k

aha... but that's because unlike certain other sites there is nuff FAQ's and articles which answer most questions... so people dont have to keep on popping up asking inane questions.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 20/78                 Date: 07-Apr-02  @  03:51 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

influx

THEY DONT?

Message 21/78                 Date: 07-Apr-02  @  07:31 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

damballah

what kind of parrot's best for trance?

Message 22/78                 Date: 07-Apr-02  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Pongoid

Nanday Conyer, really screetchy, reminds me of a 303 totally res'd and then ring modded.  

Message 23/78                 Date: 07-Apr-02  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

brentym

locusts are great for pads and ambient sounds

Message 24/78                 Date: 08-Apr-02  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

damballah

...and for freakin' out egyptians if you have them in great enough quantity.

Message 25/78                 Date: 08-Apr-02  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

k

actualy P thats 'millions' of hits  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 26/78                 Date: 08-Apr-02  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

xoxos

now i wonder why there's no mischevious billionaires who like fake goofy prophecy things like that for jolly? i know i would.

i've made some kind of fallacy here haven't i.

Message 27/78                 Date: 08-Apr-02  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Pongoid

Millions? And this is who it boils down to? Oh man, come on folks. Speak. Represent!

Ape

Message 28/78                 Date: 08-Apr-02  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

SteveB

I’ve been following dancetech on and off for something like four years now, but I rarely post. I still consider myself a newbie since I only fool around with synths in my spare time. Most of you guys are way more experienced than I am, so I mostly just read to keep interested and enthusiastic about dance music. One day, maybe I’ll feel confident enough to actually post a track, but in the meantime I don’t mind lurking and reading what everybody else is up to.

Message 29/78                 Date: 08-Apr-02  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

horizens

[image file]

man, that's kind of eery. there are thousands
of people checking out what we've been
saying for years and just never say anything?

they're probably scared of influx and his
spelling squad.

Message 30/78                 Date: 08-Apr-02  @  07:06 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Pongoid

that's what I'm saying. Where are they all, and how can we increase our impact?

Ape

Message 31/78                 Date: 08-Apr-02  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

horizens

[image file]

i think that we are doing pretty well on impact. i
guess we could be a bit more encouraging. i
know that i didn't post for awhile after i first
came to the site because i was just getting
into everything and didn't want to sound totally
stupid. but thousands of people? come on. it
seems like there are about 80 or so tht post
regularly.

Message 32/78                 Date: 08-Apr-02  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

k

yeah and remember, sites like harmony caters for guitarists & the rest, SS is for old synth farts too... we are deliberatly cutting down traffic by the site genre, BUT... once we get a small music-scene writing team in place the punters would have more to look at and start to show up more... also we dont have a team paid for reviews either.. i think if you look at what DT offers users for free for no payment it makes what the mags offer look pretty fucking pathetic frankly cos they have cash coming in monthly in BIG amounts, so you can see they aint really trying to offers the readers shit in actuality..

Message 33/78                 Date: 08-Apr-02  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

marianimal

So true, K. And magazines aren't really searchable either. This is an amazing resource.

Message 34/78                 Date: 08-Apr-02  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

damballah

and you gotta think that the number who'd wanna do live stuff'd be a tiny fraction of the total, most of whom just wanna whack some store-bought loops together in acid and sit back and grin like they're some kinda artiste or sumpin.

Message 35/78                 Date: 08-Apr-02  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

milan

HEY! that was a Matrix1000 lurker... har! and when i asked if anyone here uses one i got schtumm for an answer. cmon people, speak up! there´s more to DT than trance-hating and newbie-bashing  

just kidding... no there isnt.

nah... kidding again.

ha, now he´ll never post again :P

(btw, seems like the live forum is the new hip place to hang out around here. more threads in a week than some forums get in a month!)

Message 36/78                 Date: 08-Apr-02  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Mindspawn

Well, I personally wish "newbies" would speak up more... I mean I love reading what the "regulars" are thinking on things, but I oftimes learn a lot from newbies, too, simply because they dunna generally think about things the same way that someone who's been at this for years does... Gives you a very different perspective on things. Kinda like when a little kid says something profound and you realize "experience" ain't the only teacher...

Peace

Message 37/78                 Date: 09-Apr-02  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Pongoid

Too right, bro. I like fresh perspectives, even naive ones. They stimulate and make one reconsider what they think they already know. As far as hip goes? Uh, ok, of you've got something to say, dammit, say it! That's why this resource is here.

K,
was't trying to take a swing at a community and kindly provided resource that all of these fucking money hungry corporate-sausage-sucking leeches need to learn a lesson from at all. Far from it. This you know. I would just like to see it get more of the recognition it deserves from the communities it caters to instead of seeing interest lured away by glossy tree-killers full of nothing but garbage, advertising, souless creativity, and brainwashing. Is that so much to ask?

Ape

Message 38/78                 Date: 09-Apr-02  @  03:35 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

SteveB

Milan, I didn't read your post about Matrix 1000 users. I would've said something because that's one beast I have yet to figure out. I consider it my evil step-son, so much potential but I don’t really know how to control it. (It doesn’t help that you need software to program it. I’m still looking for something that works well and is cheap enough so my wife lets me buy it.)

Message 39/78                 Date: 09-Apr-02  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Frostbyte

you also want to keep in mind that eventually, you will be feeding us the groove live as in high speed streaming.

eeerrrrr, wait a sec, we're already there  

we demmand live sets now

how hard is it to encode some audio in real time ? I mean, it surely is feasable.

aah wait, it's already so, but it`s kept out of your hands. Or is it because it should be kept for professionals who earn a living trough it?
so why produce so much new gizmos ?
If we are not changing the way we live, we are denying the right to for someone else.

diamonds are forever, sorry you don`t have any fingers left.

then i guess it`s us the punters in the end who decide who get`s to work and don`t by going to shows, buying records and t-shirts.

wich brings up the DT-shirt up  

let`s do the timewarp again !!!

50 million fingers, learning how to play

(with small finger to corner of mouth)

there`s a lot of fingers in this post, let`s all rise the middle one for george, tony and johnny cretin.

viva la digital revolution !

Message 40/78                 Date: 09-Apr-02  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

xoxos

"sorry you don't have any fingers left!"

such brutality, such precision..

Message 41/78                 Date: 09-Apr-02  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Pongoid

Matrix 1000? Soundiver, Access midi controller. Maybe a Kenton Control Freak or a Motor Mix.

Message 42/78                 Date: 09-Apr-02  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

frostbyte

see above link for precision and brutality.

Message 43/78                 Date: 09-Apr-02  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Pongoid

Damn.

Message 44/78                 Date: 09-Apr-02  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

xoxos

punch the lever a few mor eyears.. move to kauai.. punch the lever a few more years.. move to kauai..

fuck it. sell everything now and stop worrying about everybody else. the human race will get what's coming to it, and i'll live and die knowing somebody did something right given the opportunity.

Message 45/78                 Date: 10-Apr-02  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

influx

DID YOU JUST THROW A LINK TO SUBHUMANS?

From the Cradle to the Grave is one of the most spot on criticisms of modern life I have EVER had the pleasure of hearing

and its a DAMN good truly anarchist PUNK FUCKING ROCK track too.

dont forget "Waste of Breath"

Message 46/78                 Date: 10-Apr-02  @  02:28 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

frostbyte

how could i, it was written for me

Message 47/78                 Date: 10-Apr-02  @  02:52 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

influx

nah. not you. us. them.

Message 48/78                 Date: 27-Apr-02  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

casparproject

[image file]

I'm still stoppin by every once in a while. Just
finished an album, sending it off for mastering
and pressing soon. a few of the tracks are on
my site. i've been playing an average of 1 live
show every month. anyway, take care peeps.

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 49/78                 Date: 27-Apr-02  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

damballah

who was that masked man?

Message 50/78                 Date: 27-Apr-02  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

brentym

i didn't get a chance to thank him...

Message 51/78                 Date: 28-Apr-02  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Paullyboy8440

I lurk more than I post i guess. Its mainly cuz I got nothing to say

Message 52/78                 Date: 28-Apr-02  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

proximus

influx is one scary bastard.. hehe

Message 53/78                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  01:23 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

sitar

Whoa. Casparproject. Do it guy!

Ah Influx isn't so scary once you get to know him.

Message 54/78                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

steve

I think we could do with another off-topic thing where we can talk about donuts and disagree with Jamey all the time and stuff.

and influx is very scary - I gave him my address so he could send me a cd and I recieved a dead hedgehog, a lump of coal and a signed picture of larry king. Disturbing.

Message 55/78                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Paullyboy8440

lol errr... maybe he's trying to tell you something

Message 56/78                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  04:08 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

damballah

[image file]

it wasn't this one, was it. grand larceny! oh, that wacky ass-kisser.

Message 57/78                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

steve

heh heh, no it wasn`t.

so whats 'grand larceny'? is that what normal people call 'fraud'?

Message 58/78                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

damballah

nah, normal people call it "ripping someone off"

Message 59/78                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

steve

ah, ok.

come to think of it, he looks a bit like carlos the jackal there don`t he? Nice 'helmet' haircut anyway.

Message 60/78                 Date: 29-Apr-02  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

influx

is that really larry king? is that a real booking photo?

I should show you guys mine 

Message 61/78                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

steve

I was on drugs when they took mine. Makes me glad I`m never going to be famous.

Message 62/78                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  02:28 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

influx

oh, and, hello Peter

Message 63/78                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  04:22 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

marianimal

Yeah, let's see yours Influx, just fer kicks.

Message 64/78                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  04:56 AM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

damballah

no! don't! you'll frighten away the norwegians!

Message 65/78                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

marianimal

C'mon Norskis, face your fears!

Message 66/78                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

influx

sorry. dont have a scanner.

Message 67/78                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

99devils

Influx ain't as scary looking as you'd think..

Personally, until I saw a pic, I figured he looked just like Jack Black  

-Craig

Message 68/78                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

sitar

Nooooooooooooo!

I'm Norwegian!!!

Message 69/78                 Date: 01-May-02  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

proximus

Hey, norwegians are ok!  

Message 70/78                 Date: 01-May-02  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

damballah

yes, they are. that's why we don't want influx's mugshot scaring y'all off. see?

Message 71/78                 Date: 01-May-02  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

proximus

yeah ok.. seems like everybody is from either the united states or the uk

Message 72/78                 Date: 01-May-02  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

Maarten

nope...

Message 73/78                 Date: 01-May-02  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

milan

nope...

Message 74/78                 Date: 01-May-02  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

xoxos

and not or

Message 75/78                 Date: 01-May-02  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

proximus

tankhs  

Message 76/78                 Date: 01-May-02  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

influx

JACK BLACK?!?!?!?!?!

ahahahahahahahahah!!!! fucking hilarious!!!

nope. big tall lanky white boy. I would post a pic, but...no scanner

Message 77/78                 Date: 01-May-02  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

sitar

If I get a chance to visit you this summer, I'll describe to everyone just how mean and ugly you really are, if there are words for it that is  

Message 78/78                 Date: 02-May-02  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: Is this all of us?

99devils

I figured you'd find the humor in that ;)

-Craig

Viewing all 78 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

There are 78 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum