0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: cleaning records

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 15-Oct-01  @  01:42 AM   -   cleaning records

djvinnybricks

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Does anyone know of a common household product that can be used to clean records? One of my favorite records all of a sudden has a skip in it and I need it for upcoming gigs in the next week. I don't have enough money to buy another copy of the record or guv-glide (or similar). If you have any ideas, please help a brother out.

peace
Vinny

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 15-Oct-01  @  06:23 AM   -   RE: cleaning records

bedwyr

use just a sniff of fairy liquid (washing-up liquid) in warm water, don't use too much, especially if it's that concentrated stuff. also have a look at the bit where it skips, often it's just a bit of dirt lodged in the groove which u can just scrape off with ur fingernail.

Message 3/8                 Date: 15-Oct-01  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: cleaning records

Vinny Bricks

Sorry, but what is fairy liquid or washing-up liquid? It's probably called something else where i am from.

thanks a lot
Vinny

Message 4/8                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: cleaning records

bedwyr

it's the stuff you use to wash the dishes after supper! (not the powder u put in the machine) it's usually green in the uk. remember to use luke-warm water - don't warp your plastic!

all together now -

"the hands that do dishes can be mild as your face, with mild green ... fairy liquid!"

Message 5/8                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: cleaning records

Vinny

Link?:  No link

ahhhh..... dish soap! I was like, well washing up liquid could be hand soap, or dish soap, or maybe disinfectant. Different words/names for different cultures...

Oh, that record turned out to be straight up scratched.   so I scraped up $10 and bought another copy.

thanks anyway for the tip, I'm sure I will use it someday.

peace

Message 6/8                 Date: 07-Nov-01  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: cleaning records

rather not say.......

heres one i always use - - - - fairy liquid in water and then use an opened out tampon to clean the record - - very absorbent and non-abrasive

honestly

Message 7/8                 Date: 08-Nov-01  @  01:25 AM   -   RE: cleaning records

influx

Link?:  Link

hahahahaha!!!! sounds like it would work

arent there dedicated record cleaners, too? or is that just a ploy

Message 8/8                 Date: 08-Nov-01  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: cleaning records

Vinny

yeah, there are but we are trying to do it for free with what we already have lying around.

The funny thing is, I actually have tampons in the bathroom vanity from one of my female friends!

peace!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum