0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: TT hum/feedback, why???

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 10-May-01  @  08:12 PM   -   TT hum/feedback, why???

Lightyear

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Hey guys, I've been wondering about this for awhile.

What is the deal with that low frequency hum/feedback
that you get when either the eq or gain is up too much?
Why does it happen and is there any way to stop it short
of turning down. Thanks.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 11-May-01  @  05:15 AM   -   RE: TT hum/feedback, why???

k

File?:  No file

sounds like youve an unstable amp power supply or something... tried it with a different amp?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4                 Date: 11-May-01  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: TT hum/feedback, why???

loFreq

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

what i belive you are describing is actuall physicall feedback between the speakers and the turntable. What happens is that a certain level and freqency the tonearm of the turntable begins to resonate with the bass. And when you choose to amplify this further with EQ the problem gets worse. There are several things that may help: #1 increase the weight on your tonearm. #2 Attempt to isolate the turntables from the speakers by means of shock absorbant material or just adding weight to the DJ stand. #3 actually moving the speakers farther away from the decks #4 turn it down (last resort!). Addionally, I should note that many DJ mixers and turntables have built "rumble filters" set just above 20Hz to help with this. Most times a little manuvering of components will do the trick.

Message 4/4                 Date: 11-May-01  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: TT hum/feedback, why???

Lightyear

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Cool I'll try that out. My friends and I run into it
every once in awhile, and yes the speakers
are fairly close by. Thanks.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum