0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: Piano latin-style

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 30-Apr-01  @  01:05 PM   -   Piano latin-style

iskross

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok so what's the secret with those mambo, salsa type pianos? I figure octaves must play a big role but there must be more to it. What scales, chords, etc?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 29-Mar-05  @  07:19 AM   -   RE: Piano latin-style

Dymsanchez

Jajajaja...... I always get the same Question. I am 21 and I was born with this Salsa Music and been playing since age 3. There is alot to it and True alot of it is octaves in one hand (R) with 3rds, 7ths etc... in between the octaves and the left hand would play the octave of the right hands thumb on the pinki and other extensions with the rest of the fingers. Of Course this varies. It depends on the Montuno Type and The Chord Progressions. The Rythmical part of it is deep it all starts with the Clave. For Voiving Purposes Look at The Keyboard Attached.....
I know it's hard to understand 9alot of Info) but you should look on to learning this wonderfull music. I am currently playing one of the great salsa singers in Puerto Rico his name is Domingo Quiñones check out his albums espcially "Derechos Reservados"

Message 3/3                 Date: 29-Mar-05  @  07:25 AM   -   RE: Piano latin-style

Dymsanchez

sorry I was typing to fast and made alot of mistakes

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum