0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 2 trax from Lightyear

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  04:09 AM   -   2 trax from Lightyear

Lightyear

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Thought I'd make use of the KICK ASS new DT and
post a few from my LP DiscoVERY. Hope you dig em 

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  04:21 AM   -   RE: 2 trax from Lightyear

sitar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Well it's not my thing dude but it's good and well done. Listening to Ghetto Blasta. Liked the change at about 1:15. Tight stuff. Like the female voice that comes in at about 3:55. Very well done. Pro quality I think, but again I'm not into that vein so what do I know. Thanks for putting it up. Could definately dance to it. That's for sure.

Message 3/7                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  04:29 AM   -   RE: 2 trax from Lightyear

sitar

Boogie Funktion has a nice intro. Cool. I like it. You have a well produced thing going on in these tracks. Kudos. Should I say it again...not what I listen to, but so what. Hope you go far with what you're doing 'cause it's there IMO. I hear some familiar vocal riffs in this tune. Especially at the end. What's the story with that? Curious. Cool. Again. Thanks for sharing. Hope some more peeps during the week get to hear your tracks 'cause they're not too shabby.

Message 4/7                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  05:17 AM   -   RE: 2 trax from Lightyear

Lightyear

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Thanks Sitar, I'm glad you liked them. Yeah I
used a bunch of samples, some of which are
very blatant, but what the hell! The ones you
hear at the end of Funktion are from A Taste of
Honey "Boogie Oogie Oogie" and Earth Wind
and Fire "Boogie Wonderland". The rest of that
track was built around clips form a track called
Funktion by Brass Construction. It just all
matched up in the same key so i ran with it.
Again, thanks for the kind words bro!

Message 5/7                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  05:49 AM   -   RE: 2 trax from Lightyear

sitar

Yea. Just be careful with that stuff Lightyear, copyrights and all that. You obviously have enough of your own ideas inside that you can put together. No need to use other peoples stuff. But like you said, it works. It all runs together well. Nothin clumsy. Nice.

Message 6/7                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  05:58 AM   -   RE: 2 trax from Lightyear

sitar

Just saw you used the Nova on Funktion. Cool. I have a Supernova. Love it.

Message 7/7                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: 2 trax from Lightyear

ghost b

thanks, Lightyear... good stuff. boogie funktion is a lot of fun... just the kind of lift I needed at the end of a shitty monday.....

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum