0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15                 Date: 23-Mar-01  @  11:53 AM   -   DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

deetee_sounds

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

just check it out - man i'm going to start to be a Dj now heh heh - just need a decent lappy and you can travel anywhere ww and gig !! - cue tracks, monitors, set loops, pitch, lock decks, auto-pitch follow deck-1 to deck-2, eq section in-out, crossfader with autofade input times, manual cueing, scratching, load tracks while play to other deck etc etc etc... works with asio special drivers for realtime etc etc... this is a fucking MONSTER s/w for remixing too - just checkit out please!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/15                 Date: 27-Mar-01  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

Pongoid

Link to full version crack?

Message 3/15                 Date: 07-Apr-01  @  04:42 AM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

k

ha ha - no chance - they sent me it, and i tell you this... GET IT!!! - This is awesome s/w !!!!! - plays mp3's, wav's, or will cue from 2 cdrom units!!! with all buffering ect adjustable... auto beat & tempo matching on the fly, scratching/manual cueing with imitated platter roll so when you 'Move' the file it carries forward a tad like a deck, adjust sensitivity of scratchmoves, trust me you CAN scratch with this s/w using a mouse or lappy mousepad or any midi device like Kaoss pad etc, manual-cueing just like vinyls, monitor & master outs, auto/manual-fades, massive parametric eq section, 3 band kill switches, load to decks while play -

you gotta see this baby arrive, the whole package just reeks of well thought out quality, cd's, demo's, manuals, even custom designed postal packaging, they have really spent time getting this right!!!.. and it shows!!.... 100% midi controller capable, even with a vector joystick, AND they do a controller for it... with simple midi LEARN facility, tap tempo matching on your space bar, etc etc etc etc...

this s/w WILL change DJ-ing as we know it I can 100% promise you - vinly could die with this - get and play ANY track in your sets no matter how rare !!... if it's on napster or anywhere on the www, you got it in your set, or convert your vinyl, no vinyls to go missing at airports, no boxes to lug round, just your lappy & a backup zip & a controller if you like to automate all your functions with real hardware controllers...

add YOUR tracks into a set alongside famous vinyls, add unreleased & demo tracks into sets, add in soundfx, link audio parts, dialogs, vocals over tracks in perfect sync... pre-programme your set or load and play on the fly once mastered - etc etc etc...

trust me, when this package drops thru your door, you KNOW the money is well spent!!! - and check it... it flips to FULL-screen for easy use on any lappy screenprint. - FULL ASIO2 for fast latency with adjusters to fine tune the speed of everything lilke fades etc

This is THE shit and i'll go out on a limb and say this s/w is the most inmportant DJ related s/w release EVER in the history of s/w for DJ's... and you can also record sets without the audio-files if you get me, record all the moves, including overdubs, compile the whole set as a 'moves-set' for later playback with the files, or record the whole lot as a mixfile with audio for your remix/compilation projects etc to master files etc...

you wont get this as a burn from a mate cos the cd master is drilled full of holes to prevent copying - get the demo NOW and wake up to the future!!! - full review coming soon.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/15                 Date: 07-Apr-01  @  04:44 AM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

k

Message 5/15                 Date: 09-Apr-01  @  07:48 AM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

loFreq

Link?:  No link

While I share some of k's excitement, I hardly think this will kill vinyl. I have had the chance to play with this proggie and put it through its paces. I agree that this IS the most important piece of software a DJ could invest in, aside from that really cool prog that does it with real records. Really the only thing missing from this package is a real physical turntable(or something like it) and a nice custom controller to act as a 'dj mixer'.

Message 6/15                 Date: 09-Apr-01  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

k

no it wont, but... the potential for the type of sets you could do would make vinyl pale into insignificance, and tons of underground dj's already use dats & lappys for alot of their set anyways

Message 7/15                 Date: 09-Apr-01  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

loFreq

oh yah, lappys and even desktops are common round these parts for live PA. No one want to spend lots of cash on gear that only does so much. But really, Yes this software rocks, No its not better than vinyl. Good for beatmatchin and such, but still lacking the physical control needed for an inspired preformance(IMHO). Hopefully I'll be able to try it with some hardware control soon. I also cant wait to hook it up to my DJ mixer via the Delta66 analouge outs. Ahh real cuing for ya PC. Life is good.

Message 8/15                 Date: 10-Apr-01  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

k

i'm thinking more for your smaller circuit dj's tho - i mean i'm no dj right, but even i, with this, could prepare a few sets and go and get some work in spain etc in small local clubs enuff to pay the rent, no probs. I think most dj's already know their set order, you can also load 7 cue stuff live with htis if you master it so you dont have to stick to a pre-programmed setlist, and remember it'll load and cue from two different cd's !

Message 9/15                 Date: 17-Apr-01  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

adams04

Hi K
Can i get this to run on the Hoontech?
What,s the deal on the 2 soundcard thing?

I got hold of the Delusion demo too,where they explain how to use a stereo splitter on the outs so i can use headphones too with one soundcard.

Should i be able to do this withTraktor too?

Cheers DJ Rossiaud.

Message 10/15                 Date: 17-Apr-01  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

k

use the stereo card out for the monitor and the master rack out for the main l/r master FOH

Message 11/15                 Date: 18-Apr-01  @  04:04 AM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

Formant

ha kilo you are finding out about my fave company man....

reaktor has been tight like this for ages...

now you are onto battery and traktor...

this is the ONLY software i will buy from germany (keep your german sequencers please :-)

i doubt it will kill vinyl because the current crop of kids buying records think even cds are inferior much less mp3 and laptops. what it will take will be a digweed or sasha etc to switch over entirely to it. these bedroom/club/noname guys are all sheep.

i like the fact you can make better mix cds than global underground (read: protools) for a hundred bucks or so.

kilo i would recommend getting some of your dj buddies input before writing your review. for fairness sake...

jamey

Message 12/15                 Date: 18-Apr-01  @  06:11 AM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

nowonmai99

john aquaviva is using digital SL1200 for mixes now... the revolution is coming

Message 13/15                 Date: 18-Apr-01  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

djohnson

I just got traktor in the mail today. But I've been messing around with the demo for mixmeister. That's a pretty cool little proggie in it's own right. You don't have the same sort of creative control, but the windows style interface is pretty clear and it allows for pretty effective quick and dirty beatmixing.

Message 14/15                 Date: 22-Apr-01  @  07:29 AM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

loFreq

these bedroom/club/noname guys are all sheep.

woah, thanks man. I guess you started out with all the skills while working in the top studios right off the bat.
what a narrow minded comment

Message 15/15                 Date: 21-May-01  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: DJ's - check out TRAKTOR !!!!

ebuitendorp

Do you know where i can find trakter 1.0exe
crack.
Dj eric

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum