0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Guitars & amps

Subject: Single coil pickups and computers

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  09:28 PM   -   Single coil pickups and computers

pali

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to record my guitar into my pc. I'm using a Marshall 6101 combo with a balanced line out into an 01v then digitally into the PC. When i use a channel with gain I get a horrible background noise. I've sourced this to the monitor I'm using i.e. if I turn it off the noise stops instantly. Unfortunately I can't operate the recording software (nuendo). Any ideas on limiting this noise?

What expereince do people have with displays. Whats working for you? flat panels CRT etc

please let me know.

Cheers
Pali

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 21-Mar-01  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: Single coil pickups and computers

99devils

Link?: Link

All CRTs make that noise, and all pickups pick it up - even my active EMG humbuckers... Unfortunately, the only things you can do is:

1) Turn off the monitor

2) Move away from it.

I usually find that I can manage being about 6 feet away from the monitor. Maybe try automating your punch-ins, let the track fly giving yourself enough time to move away, and off you go.

-Craig

Message 3/9                 Date: 22-Mar-01  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: Single coil pickups and computers

pali

unfortunately you told me what I hoped but suspected to be true. Arghh! its never easy.

What about TFT LCD's theit expensive but...?

Cheers

pali

P.S. I've just seen stevie ray vaughan live at el macambo. Check it out. I can't recommend it enough.

Message 4/9                 Date: 22-Mar-01  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: Single coil pickups and computers

99devils

TFT's... Good question. I'll bring my work lappy home this weekend and find out  

-Craig

Message 5/9                 Date: 03-Apr-01  @  02:16 AM   -   RE: Single coil pickups and computers

robski27

single coils are anightmare but i have had no problems when i am not near strip lights that is the best bet really

Message 6/9                 Date: 03-Apr-01  @  08:10 AM   -   RE: Single coil pickups and computers

k

but Pali... he's dead! - you must mean a video - Lenny is one of my all time favourite tracks.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/9                 Date: 04-Apr-01  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: Single coil pickups and computers

pali

yeah but he's class and he isn't the popstars or any of the crap. He he..

Also anyone had any dealings with TFT/LCDs and single coil pickups? Craig any toy?

Cheers
steve

Message 8/9                 Date: 04-Apr-01  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: Single coil pickups and computers

pali

yeah but he's class and he isn't the popstars or any of the crap. He he..

Also anyone had any dealings with TFT/LCDs and single coil pickups? Craig any toy?

Cheers
steve

Message 9/9                 Date: 05-Apr-01  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: Single coil pickups and computers

99devils

doh! I'll have the lappy home this weekend and let you know for sure. Sorry  

-Craig

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum