0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Guitars & amps

Subject: Electro Harmonix Micro Synth

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  01:13 PM   -   Electro Harmonix Micro Synth

harold

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

So has anyone used one of these? i checked out their site and you can hear them but i can only log on at work so i can only listen thru the PC and it sounds really tinny and i don't think i'm really hearing what they sound like...

i want to know if they sound as good as they're said to and also, what are they like when you strum? or can you only play single notes???

anyone know of any records which used a microsynth???
cheers

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: Electro Harmonix Micro Synth

apt13

Link?: Link

i know the chemical brothers use one, but i dont know what box sounds like,

'after,

Niall

Message 3/10                 Date: 24-Mar-01  @  07:21 AM   -   RE: Electro Harmonix Micro Synth

Fresh Pants

Link?:  No link

I've got a Bass MicroSynth, and it gives a really good crunchy synthy tone to my bass. I can't pick out any albums off the top of my head, but if you give me a little bit there's this certain CD with samples of both the guitar and bass versions on test.

FP

Message 4/10                 Date: 27-Mar-01  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: Electro Harmonix Micro Synth

Jack B Denning

I use a Microsynth and it's a great pedal. Basicly it's a filter that automaticly sweeps. You can adjust wether it sweeps up or down and also how quickly or slowly the sweep occurs. You can play chords or induvidual notes and it's great for running samples through. If you're running a drum loop , you can set the sensitivity of the trigger so that every hit sets off the filter or maybe the first hit only sets it off. It's hard to describe the sound with words but it's a great pedal. Most recently I was sending a sample of a guy saying 'I'll make ya feel real good' but once I tweaked it even just a little bit, it sounded like a synth and not a human being at all. Also, it makes a good distortion pedal. I set the resonance real high and the filters wide open and it creates a really long lasting sustain. Like, Spinal Tap style sustain, as in ' you can go out for a bite and come back and it's still resonating...' . Bootsy used them a lot but I can't tell you a specific album to check out. I could send you a tape of myself using it, if that would help. OK then...

Message 5/10                 Date: 28-Mar-01  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: Electro Harmonix Micro Synth

harold

Jack B - a tape of you and your pedal would be kool and the gang mate - email me privatly if you're up for it... (pheath@cmp-europe.com)

general question - so when you strum/pick does it actually play another synth version of the note or does it just filter what goes into it???? and it can handle chords can it??

Message 6/10                 Date: 29-Mar-01  @  05:19 AM   -   RE: Electro Harmonix Micro Synth

Fresh Pants

Link?:  No link

It's more like a filter. It doesn't produce a seperate note (like MIDI guitar devices) so there isn't anything like a delay. The input sensitivity is adjustable as well as the blend (in a sort of weird EQ kind of way) of the orignial and filtered sounds.
Hope that makes sense.

FP

Message 7/10                 Date: 29-Mar-01  @  05:55 AM   -   RE: Electro Harmonix Micro Synth

k

the bassie from Aswad used to use a synth overlay blended with the bass live - dunno if it was with a midi pickup tho - i think it might have been. - so Jack... is that the 'Bootsy sound' - waka-bwaah! etc.. heh heh - like this link above?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/10                 Date: 29-Mar-01  @  05:57 AM   -   RE: Electro Harmonix Micro Synth

k

whoops

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/10                 Date: 03-Apr-01  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: Electro Harmonix Micro Synth

robski27

Hi i have a micro synth which is wicked you can get some great filters on it.
By the way anyone else who plays guitar feel free to give me a shout on robski27@lineone.net

Message 10/10                 Date: 05-Apr-01  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: Electro Harmonix Micro Synth

Jack

Yeah, that sounds like a Microsynth. That sounded like the filter was going up at a fast rate. The Mutron and Q-tron also create similar sounds. ElectroHarmonix pedals are the tits! It's a very good thing that they are back in production. Has anybody read the latest FutureMusic? I browsed it and saw the Fatboy Slim article where he's showing off his home studio. He's got a gang cool stompboxes! Ok then...

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum