0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Finally! another track from aaron!

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/19                 Date: 18-Mar-01  @  03:10 PM   -   Finally! another track from aaron!

e

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Check it out.. it's under my profile, entittled "North" i am interested as to what everybody thinks

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/19                 Date: 18-Mar-01  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

fiddleface

Lovely

Message 3/19                 Date: 18-Mar-01  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

e

anything specific? any tips or suggestions for next time?

Message 4/19                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

casparproject

Sounds good aaron, I'd modulate that higher bell sound a bit, but that's just me... it's a bit GM if you know what I mean... i have yet to figger out how to post a song...

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 5/19                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  07:21 AM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

fiddleface

The only specific criticism I have is to say that if it was my track I'd make it longer but there's no reason a track has to be over 3 or 4 minutes long. The melody was in my head all afternoon yesterday by the way  

Message 6/19                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  07:28 PM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

Defector Z

Aaron - I listened to your track and I have to be honest with you, this sounds like a step for you. I say that only because I know the stuff that you have created before, and all of those SAID something to me. They gave us a sense of where you are, and this track seems to lack that. The production seemed a little bland, and the voice choices sounded very conservative for you. What's up?

There isn't anything _wrong_ with it - just seems like not you. Your previous work challenged me and engaged me as a listener - this one doesn't do that. What were you after with this one? Trying to break down walls that you've built around you? (I do that every once in a while - I'll write something completely different from a normal Darin song just to reorientate myself creatively, that's why I ask.)

What's up man? For many people, this would be a good track. But for you I am a little disappointed.

Message 7/19                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

PointBeing

i wanted to write a song that would be fun to dance to.. and that was pretty happy, too ;) yea.. i will think about modulating the high end caspar. yea, the song really didnt have a point except to be fun. music for to the dancing, not for to the art   i have been having a horrible writing spell these past few months.. (maybe it corresponds to not having gotten laid in 5 mos?) anyway... yea.. darin, i still got to send you some cash.. could you email me your address and the cost of your cd?

Message 8/19                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

BassProShop

Link?:  Link

maybe if you phase the hi hats ;)

Message 9/19                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

Defector Z

Yeah - definitely put some SERIOUS phase on those hats. And pan them hard as well. ;-)

Okay - I feel better. Like I said, it's not a bad song and good for most people, but definitely something much different than I was expecting.

I hear you about the writing dryspell, although a sexual dryspell like that would HELP me write more stuff - I'd be angrier. And anger is a good emotion to write music with. heh-heh. Being married is a good thing. Dry spells are infrequent, and generally short. Like a week.

What you need to do is go out and plop some money on the table and get yourself a new synth of some sort. Since the Kurz arrived, I've been on a writing binge. Track after track. most of them garbage, but the one from Saturday and last night are keepers. Heh-heh. The one from last night is called Xoxos cuz he supplied the smaples. Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh booooooyyyyyyeeeeeee!!!

Message 10/19                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

Frostbyte

good, but I liked the old stuff better, more personal. But dZ said it all already so i'll shut up  

Message 11/19                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

PointBeing

you see.. with the dry spell from the sex department comes anger for the first month, sadness for the second.. and other stuff for the rest.. right now i cant concentrate worth shit, and i have been sleeping well now, too   oh well. Maybe this weekend i will be.. *inspired* muahahahaha.. oh yea, and i only write songs about things that have past, not stuff i am currently in. i dunno.. there is a reason but it is whacky and personal and i cant think about one thing long enough.. ahhh... sorry, i am outta here (gotta listen to some funki)

Message 12/19                 Date: 21-Mar-01  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

nothingnewhere

dont worry man, you still have time. insanity sets in at about 1.5 years.

Message 13/19                 Date: 24-Mar-01  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

sitar

Cool. I love what ever the hell comes in at about 1:09 I (think) and comes back in toward the end. Also like the 16th note drum roll at about 2:00? Not unusual I guess but tasteful, well done, and effective. You might stick a 4 bar change once or twice in spots before the 2 minute break. Once would probably do it just to break it up and bring it back which you do at that 2 minute area. Sorry I forget to watch the time when I'm listening. The piece has a nice quality.

Message 14/19                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

Maarten Visser

Grooves nicely, sorry no comments or advise... listening over poor PC speakers, ya know.

-M-

Message 15/19                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

ghost b

I love that bottom end bass that starts in the intro.... you could make an entire minimalist track out of that alone....

Message 16/19                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

Pongoid

couldn't get the goddamn things to DL. I'm tryin bro, I am.

Ape

Message 17/19                 Date: 27-Mar-01  @  04:26 AM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

PointBeing

sitar- thanks.. i had a friend offer me some advice when i was half way through with this song, and he said" it isnt funky.. where's the groove?" and well, thats what inspired a lot of the parts in the song.

ghost b you have orion? if no, want the wav files of it as a loop? drop me a line at ellipsis@home.com if so..

hey Ape.. want me to just hit ya with a cd? you are on the east coast, right? just lemmie know,

thanks for the listens and feedback,

aaron

Message 18/19                 Date: 27-Mar-01  @  04:39 AM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

sitar

I like it dude. Nice imagination.

Message 19/19                 Date: 03-Apr-01  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Finally! another track from aaron!

Rhea

Cool. As DZ said not as compelling as your usual stuff, but fun track nonetheless.

Peace

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum