0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14                 Date: 23-Feb-01  @  10:45 PM   -   Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

info

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Well, I can't figure out how to post a news message to this site, so I'll just postit here for the people who matter: My new drum machine software, XG-909, is done and shipping. Imagine a TR-909 in software, with a solid timing engine.. REAL flam and shuffle.. along with analog sequencing of up to two XG parameters per track, so you can tune the drums, tweak the filter, etc, all as part of your pattern.. that's XG-909, Check it at the link below -

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/14                 Date: 24-Feb-01  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Sorry I didn't get back to you on the Beta. I DL'd the second version and set it up correctly this time and it seemed like a pretty cool piecefor what it is. I don't know if it sounds exactly like a tr-909. It didn't for me because it was addressing sound that deffinately were not 909 sounds, but it certainly souded cool and unique, which is what I prefer anyway. I'm much happier to se people trying to make new instruments using new technology rather than just trying to emulate something that did it right the first time. Improvement over emulation.

Ape

Message 3/14                 Date: 24-Feb-01  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

jamos

I'm glad you like it. Yes, I should have pointed out that this thing will not necessarily _sound_ like a 909, since it uses Yamaha XG synthesis for the sounds. There are 909 samples in the XG kit, of course, but they will never be perfect emulations. The real power of this thing lies in its control over the XG sound set. Try taking the Gran Cassa sound from the Symphonic kit, tune the drum way up and shorten its decay.. then blend that in with the analog sounds...

Message 4/14                 Date: 25-Feb-01  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

gb

Link?:  No link

I looked at the web page but couldn't figure out what the limitations of the unregistered download would be so I just left it.

Perhaps some clarification might be in order ? On the web page, I mean.

Message 5/14                 Date: 25-Feb-01  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

jamos

This may seem rude, but.. why not just download it and find out?

But to answer your question.. there are no restrictions in the first 30 days. After that, Save, MIDI file export, and MIDI sync will be disabled; and the program will timeout after 15 minutes.

For my own understanding - why do you want to know about this before downloading?

Message 6/14                 Date: 25-Feb-01  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

Frostbyte

Hey, thanks for Arp-X8.
Nice one  

Message 7/14                 Date: 25-Feb-01  @  02:23 AM   -   RE: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

gb

This may seem rude, but... I'm not here for you. You're supposed to be there for me, if you want my time and/or money.

I don't like wasting my time.

And I realize that's what I'm doing right now.

Message 8/14                 Date: 25-Feb-01  @  04:02 AM   -   RE: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

jamos

I'm actually genuinely interested in why a person would not download something like this if they don't get all the info they need from the Web page. The program itself carries all the answers.. the Web page can only provide a few answers. That's the whole idea behind "try before you buy" software.

Message 9/14                 Date: 25-Feb-01  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

gb

I'm restrictive about what I download and from where I download. I might be more restrictive than most people, but I think you're throwing good business out the window if you think I'm the only one leaving your site without downloading because of something like this.

I agree that the web page doesn't have to list every minor detail about the product, but to me the details of what makes a demo version a demo version are important.

Other soft synth developers seem to agree with me.

Message 10/14                 Date: 25-Feb-01  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

jamos

This is interesting feedback. I'll add soemthing like this to the website. Where would you expect to see it - on the Downloads page, or on the individual products pages?

Message 11/14                 Date: 25-Feb-01  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

gb

That would depend on whether or not you change the layout. I just looked at that one page, and it had a download link that I didn't use. So putting it on the first page might be an idea.

Or, do it the the way they do it at http://www.propellerheads.se. On the ReBirth page, I mean. They don't have the limitations on the first page. They make you click a "free demo" link (or something like that) and on the page you get to from that link they list the limitations. BTW, they don't offer as much as you do in the demo version. I mean, you're doing good here.

Message 12/14                 Date: 25-Feb-01  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

gb

(Go to that page, click Download, click "Demo versions" and you'll see what I'm talking about.)

Message 13/14                 Date: 26-Feb-01  @  04:53 AM   -   RE: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

jamos

GB, I added some stuff per your suggestions to the web page - check it out at www.technotoys.com/downloads.htm

Message 14/14                 Date: 26-Feb-01  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: Annoncing XG-909: Analog Drums for Windows

gb

It looks good on that page.
(I guess I should mention that I didn't navigate as far as to the download page the first time.)

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum