0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Is there a midi mixer?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 20-Feb-01  @  02:06 PM   -   Is there a midi mixer?

jaskim

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Does a midi mixer exist that would allow me to have patterns on one drum machine control my equipment, and then get the other drum machine ready and start merging midi signals and then completely switch over to channel two, just like a dj mixer? I want to know this because I want to play live (and have enough material without stopping) without a computer... I know a true crossfader wouldn't work probably but maybe a 3 position switch A / AB / and B?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 20-Feb-01  @  02:14 PM   -   RE: Is there a midi mixer?

Jasper

Link?: Link

yes, a midi merge unit would do that.

check the above link.

Message 3/7                 Date: 20-Feb-01  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: Is there a midi mixer?

jaskim

a merger... yes this is what i need. anyone know of a good midi h/w sequencer? I currently use a Boss DR5 drum machine to control a drumstation + 3 nord lead tracks. works great but i run out of patterns.. I am looking for something similar that has a floppy disk. MC-50? or are there any other drum machines with extra midi tracks that could do the job? thx.

Message 4/7                 Date: 20-Feb-01  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: Is there a midi mixer?

k

Link?:  No link

mebbe an old alesis Datadisc ? - rack mount, loads floppies with mdidfiles, plays back a set - you can even programme 'spaces' between songs to be exactly how long you want them to be.

Message 5/7                 Date: 20-Feb-01  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: Is there a midi mixer?

jaskim

sounds like a great idea k. If I use a midi merge box, I can play a disk, switch to a drum machine, load another track onto the alesis, etc etc, with no breaks this is what i want.

i am not luddite, quite the opposite, but i can't imagine ever bringing a computer to a party.

Message 6/7                 Date: 20-Feb-01  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: Is there a midi mixer?

gb

Maybe a rm1x or qy700 would do the trick.

Message 7/7                 Date: 21-Feb-01  @  12:01 AM   -   RE: Is there a midi mixer?

Jasper

yeah, the rm1x or qy700 is the route I'm taking for live stuff.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum