0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: how did THEY make the classic hip hop grooves

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 19-Feb-01  @  12:01 PM   -   how did THEY make the classic hip hop grooves

anttivermas

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I´ve been wondering how did they make the classic hip hop grooves with early-aged gear, that are used in many ice-t´s and others. I´v been trying to make them with cubase and tryed every quantisations, tuplets, triplets, 3/4, 4/4, and every trick between earth and moon, but never completely succeed.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 19-Feb-01  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: how did THEY make the classic hip hop grooves

Jasper

808 & 606 drum machine, - mantronix used a 303 for his basslines (track bassline 303 funnily enough).. he also used a 606 drum machine.

the drums on planet rock are pure 808.

I think the linn drum was used on a lot of stuff.

as for grooves, the early production techniques sound quite simple, merely a matter of eqing stuff nicely rather than trying to merge sounds cleverly, so maybe it's all in the swing and the choice of where to put the sounds?

Message 3/6                 Date: 19-Feb-01  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: how did THEY make the classic hip hop grooves

k

give us an example track/beat

Message 4/6                 Date: 20-Feb-01  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: how did THEY make the classic hip hop grooves

anttivermas

for example: Naughty by Nature - O.P.P (the beat of it )

Message 5/6                 Date: 20-Feb-01  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: how did THEY make the classic hip hop grooves

r-tek

I think OPP was just a drum break to be honest ........cannae really say for sure just from memory.

Message 6/6                 Date: 23-Feb-01  @  05:15 AM   -   RE: how did THEY make the classic hip hop grooves

xephyr

Link?: Link

I'm not sure about OPP, but i think the other shit is
just a var of funky drummer (see above)

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum