0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: ° ° • .Check out my new track. • ° °

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 06-Feb-01  @  05:10 PM   -   · ° ° • .Check out my new track. • ° ° ·

freq3

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Please check out my newest track on mp3.com "Come 2gether" I'd appreciate it if you would send some feedback my way, thanx!

§§§§ Freq3§§§§

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 06-Feb-01  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: · ° ° • .Check out my new track. • ° ° ·

0/d

Link?:  Link

boom boom boom boom bangin stuff,was really good untill all that happy hardcore synth stuff came in,not that it was bad just not my thing.I couldn't find a kit list on your website,tell me you didn't make that on fruity loops

Message 3/11                 Date: 07-Feb-01  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: · ° ° • .Check out my new track. • ° ° ·

freq3

Make my songs on software???!!!! HELL NO! 7 synths, 1 sampler, one drum machine, fx proc, mixer, etc. The only thimg I do in my computer is record it on a wave editor and convert it to mp3, that's all I do with software;)

Freq3

Message 4/11                 Date: 10-Feb-01  @  01:13 AM   -   RE: · ° ° • .Check out my new track. • ° ° ·

deltasleep

Link?:  No link

ohhh so hardware justifies a bad song? man now i understand all this techno stuff: get alot of gear, get alot of respect, get fruityloops get none! man music is secondary to this whole thing and i hadn't even realized it yet!

Message 5/11                 Date: 10-Feb-01  @  06:45 AM   -   RE: · ° ° • .Check out my new track. • ° ° ·

jere doll

Man music??

Message 6/11                 Date: 10-Feb-01  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: · ° ° • .Check out my new track. • ° ° ·

freq3

Deltasheep,
Let me check out one of your songs 

FREQ3

Message 7/11                 Date: 10-Feb-01  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: · ° ° • .Check out my new track. • ° ° ·

0/d

deltasleep,good music has nothing to do with what its made on,i only asked cause i don't use a computer to make my music,and if stuff like that is being made on fruity loops or something i'd be missing out,big time.

Message 8/11                 Date: 11-Feb-01  @  07:35 AM   -   RE: · ° ° • .Check out my new track. • ° ° ·

xephyr

I dunno bout fruity loops but shit like that is beyond
easy on cubase/logic. Softsynths now are getting
to the point where they CAn sound
indistinguishable from hardware synths.
especially with shit like the virus where the guts of
it now is software anyway, they just stuck it in a
hardware case. but as deltasleep put it, hardware
doesnt mean shit..its how you use it. brian eno
spent the 80s with nothin' but a DX7

Xephyr

Message 9/11                 Date: 11-Feb-01  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: · ° ° • .Check out my new track. • ° ° ·

0/d

yeah but clickling buttons and typing in values isn't in my opinion a good way to program/play a synth or sampler,software is all well and good if thats your thing,but isn't it better to actually put some human input into it,and actually use some hand/ear co-ordination,keep the "realness" in the music?  

Message 10/11                 Date: 17-Feb-01  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: · ° ° • .Check out my new track. • ° ° ·

Syprik

Link?:  No link

O/d... I guarentee I could construct some synth riffs on a Prophecy and Reaktor 2.3, and you wouldn't know the difference...there is nothing wrong with FruityLoops...use your own samples and fill in the map.

I'm a hardware guy...but software should not be ripped on...it's so convenient in many situations. I've got the Virus TDM on my Pro-Tools setup, and it's out of this world...70 voice polyphony foo!  

Message 11/11                 Date: 18-Feb-01  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: · ° ° • .Check out my new track. • ° ° ·

0/d

I never said there was anything wrong with fruity loops,The first tracks i ever wrote were on an old apple mac using quicktime and soundeffects(now cool edit),if i had access to something like fruity loops and vst then i would be of been flying.I bought rebirth about 2 years ago to get into all this revolutionary new software but i never got into it,i made a few songs using it,but all the pointing and clicking just ripped all the fun out of it.At the end of the day a tone is a tone regardless of what type of synth it comes out of it,its how you use it what counts.I dunno,this is just my own opinion,i'm looking forward to buying reaktor at some stage this year,but i'll still be putting everything in my sampler to "play" it.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum