0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Jomox Xbase09

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 24-Jan-01  @  04:50 PM   -   Jomox Xbase09

Jubb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is the Jomex a credible alternative for the Tr-909 all the company speel says it is but If anyone out there owns or has used one of these Id like to know your views.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 25-Jan-01  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09

Maarten

Link?:  Link

I don't own one but the Jomox machines seem to mimic the 909 & 808's kick just perfect, beware of the hihats though.... from what I've heard.

Message 3/11                 Date: 02-Feb-01  @  05:38 AM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09

Pongoid

I've got an X-base and I'd say that it's better than a 909, hands down. Much more versatile, bigger and badder kick if you want it, better snare, and same 6-bit hats with way more versatility. Sequencer is way better when you get the hang of it. Swing is better, and it does almost everything on the fly with the ability to go into record mode without stopping. How cool is that? It's the shit for live. I have a 909 in the the studio and it's just sitting there with a dust cover on it because the X-base does a better job. The 909 is not mine so no requests to sell it. Not happening.

Ape

Message 4/11                 Date: 02-Feb-01  @  06:16 AM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09

jere doll

I just got my xbase09 3 days ago.It it pretty much my only drum sounds for right now.I would check it out though before you buy.I didn't but I just happen to have an extra six hundred to spend this month.The bass drum is just awesome.-Jere Doll

Message 5/11                 Date: 03-Feb-01  @  06:30 AM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09

Foo

How many outputs does it have?
Any effects?
does it have a ride also?

Message 6/11                 Date: 06-Feb-01  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09

A.D.D.

3 voice poly. watch out.
A.D.D.

Message 7/11                 Date: 10-Feb-01  @  06:52 AM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09

Jere Doll

I have yet to be restricted by the poly.But you could always buy a twenty year old machine with scratchy controls and no midi. GREAT sounds though!You would also pay twice as much as the jomox.Its kinda a toss up.

Message 8/11                 Date: 17-Feb-01  @  09:30 AM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09

Syprik

Check out the Airbase99 ... 9 polyphony/10ind outs for each instrument...large rom. Use a mixermap in either Logic/Cubase, and you're golden. SoundDiver is equally awesome when communicating with it. But I can only recommend the Airbase99 for studio use...it would be difficult to use live if that's your thing.

Message 9/11                 Date: 17-Feb-01  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09

Frostbyte

polyphony should'nt be a problem if you have a sampler. You have a sampler right ? Or were you sleeping in the back of the class when the subject was covered  

Message 10/11                 Date: 18-Feb-01  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09

A.D.D.

i originally bought the xbase to use as a standalone drum machine. if i had wanted just a module with analog sounds to sample then i would've gotten an airbase. or if you're gonna just sample then why not an 808/909 sample cd. it sure costs a lot less...
A.D.D.

Message 11/11                 Date: 19-Feb-01  @  02:35 AM   -   RE: Jomox Xbase09

Nik

Well, the 3 voice poly shouldnt be too much of a problem for most things, since it is a drum module and you usually dont have too many things going on at exactly the same time, so it really shouldnt matter that much.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum