0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: acoustic drum triggers

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 23-Jan-01  @  03:37 PM   -   acoustic drum triggers

twobadkids

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

how do acoustic drum triggers work ? are most acoustic drum pads compatiable with most drum modules ? I have an old electronic drum kit with no module only the pads the pad outputs are 1/4 inch jacks and I was wondering what kind of module I could use with it ??

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 24-Jan-01  @  12:35 PM   -   RE: acoustic drum triggers

prototype

yes most pads are compatiable. Look into what kind of pads they are, some pads can have seprate sounds for rimshoots, the ablity to choke (just like a real cymbal!) and other things.

But I'm confused, do you have acoustic drum triggers or some electric pads? Either way most are compatible with everything. You just have to set your module and tell it what brand the pads are, also the polarity may need to be switched on the pad itself.

Message 3/4                 Date: 24-Jan-01  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: acoustic drum triggers

twobadkids

I have electric pads sorry i can see how that would confuse some one......but thanks for the info....any particular module you could recomend ??? I'm not so concerned with the sounds as much as the ability to play my sampeler with it via midi that would be all kinds of fun !!!!!

Message 4/4                 Date: 24-Jan-01  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: acoustic drum triggers

k

dont 'samson' make some clip on mic-triggers that clip to the shell rim? - the piezo or mic collects the audio converts it to voltage - the higher the voltage the louder the hit when converted to midi - the 'brain' unit you use sets the midi note of each trigger. the triggers just send out the voltage spikes to the brain.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum